Sunday, September 27, 2026

Creepin U Season 2 Book 3: The Golden Receiver by Essie Sloane

 

Creepin U Season 2 Book 4

Kieran
When I got recruited to transfer to Creelin University to play football, I thought this might be my chance. I would be the first human on the team. I would make campus history.

Okay, really, I just liked the full scholarship that came with it. It was a great way to escape the small town I lived in with my Pops my whole life and the not-so-great college I attended.

I didn't expect to feel like a fish out of water. I really didn't expect there to be a werewolf going after the same position as me.

How can I compete with a supernatural creature?

Evander

When Coach Shaw said we were getting a human on the football team, I was excited! Except the human in question is grumpy, surly, and I'm not sure he knows how to smile.

He also wants to be the number one wide receiver on the team, the same position I'm trying to get. I know I'm the better player, but he keeps distracting me.

He smells really good, you know?

I really need to stay focused, and not on the distractingly handsome grumpy human.

You’re formally readmitted to Creelin University, known locally as “Creepin U.” The only things wilder than the monsters prowling around campus are the spicy male/male love stories unfolding between classes. ‘The Golden Receiver’ is a monster romance featuring a golden retriever werewolf and a black cat human. Expect rivals-to-lovers, football, and a himbo werewolf whose whole job is to play catch.


********

My Review: 4/5 Stars

When Kieran receives a full scholarship to play football at Creelin University, he can’t turn it down. He might be the only human on the team, but this is his chance to play professional football one day. But being on a team of monsters isn’t easy. He has to work even harder to prove he belongs there and can keep up. He also isn’t the most social person on the team. Making friends isn’t easy for him and he prefers to keep to himself. But no one seems to have told Evander that. Evander is determined to make friends with Kieran. There is something about Kieran that calls to him and while Kieran makes it very hard to be friends, Evander isn’t giving up. And it may be his determination that eventually gets Kieran to warm up to him. Especially after they kiss. And when others on the team threaten Kieran, Evander won’t let anyone hurt his human. This was a fun story! We definitely get some sunshine and grumpy vibes. And I love that Evander doesn’t give up on Kieran. Kieran may be a bit prickly, but he needs someone in his corner. And Evander really truly proves to be a great friend and more. It was fun to see Kieran fall for Evander bit by bit. And vice versa. Another great story in this series! And I’m looking forward to more!

I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment