Monday, September 28, 2026

Creepin U Season 2 Book 2: First Kiss with a Mothman by CD Rachels

 

Creepin U Season 2 Book 2

You’re formally readmitted to Creelin University, known locally as “Creepin U.” The only things wilder than the monsters prowling around campus are the spicy male/male love stories unfolding between classes. ‘First Kiss with a Mothman’ is a monster romance. This spicy novel sings the tale of one grumpy mothman and a blind dude new to the university. Don’t read unless you enjoy first times, disability representation, musical moments, and dangerous twists. It’s part of the Creepin U: Season 2 collab series, and each book has a HEA.

I only want to keep my antennae down at college. That can’t happen while the distracting human boy has me hearing a new type of music.

Being the most well-known mothman in the country, I was never meant to live a normal life. My upbringing was far from average. I simply want to get my degree and start working.
But then I’m butting heads with a human dude, the only blind guy on campus. When we realize we have more in common than we thought, he asks to hang out. For some reason, he wants to be friends with a grumpy bug like me.
Still, I choose to befriend Arie. I find him more fascinating than I should. He’s a vulnerable human who ought to be more scared of the world than he is. He’s cheerful, optimistic, and way too endearing.
When his life is irrevocably changed before Halloween, I help him navigate this new identity. I need to be there for him as his friend, his confidante, and so much more.
Our lives are so different. Despite this, Arie is a flame I can’t stay away from. If we get together, will we fly into the sunset together? Or is our ballad a tragedy from the start?


********

My Review: 4/5 Stars

Mort came to college to escape from his childhood fame of being the mothboy. But even here, so many humans and monsters know his face. It’s hard to be the only mothman around. So keeping to himself is for the best. And for Arie, he came to school for some freedom. He’s human and blind and has a pet raven that is his guide. His mom is stifling and his cousin is essentially his mother’s spy. Is it so hard to get some independence? And then Mort and Arie meet and turns out they have a lot more in common than they think. While Arie’s crush on Mort becomes stronger, Mort still believes that he isn’t cut out for a relationship. But there is only so much he can do to keep his feelings shoved done. I loved these two! They were so sweet together. I loved how they formed this friendship that slowly turned into so much more. Mort is known for keeping to himself, but Arie really makes him step out of the shadows and be present. And for Arie, Mort gives him a chance to be himself and be so much more than his disability. This was just an overall fun story, with some pretty interesting twists as well! 

I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment