Sunday, September 20, 2026

Cranham Kings Book 2: Callous Shot by Becca Steele

 

Cranham Kings Book 2

Daniel Hoyton has been a thorn in my side for as long as I can remember. We play for rival hockey teams. We attend rival universities. Our families are on opposite sides of the law. 

I hate him, with his irritatingly smug smile, his arrogance, and his inability to take anything seriously.
I want to wipe that smile from his face with my fist.
…Or my mouth.

I can’t decide if I want to punch him or kiss him, and it’s beginning to be a problem. A problem with big consequences. Not only is he completely wrong for me, but his family and friends are under investigation…and my uncle is in charge of the operation. 

I know we’re going to crash and burn.
But I can’t seem to stay away from the flames.

Callous Shot is part of Cranham Kings, a college hockey romance series with darker themes. Each book can be read as a standalone.


********

My Review: 5/5 Stars

Dan and Link have been at one another’s throats for a long time. Rivals on and off the ice, these two just can’t help but rile the other one up every chance they get. Add in the fact that their families are on opposite sides of the law, and it’s just a messy affair. But what happens when they find a new way to work out that tension? These two can tell one another they hate each other all they want, but deep down their feelings are anything but hate. But while those two are working out what exactly is going on between them, there are other things they have to worry about. Link’s father is threatening Link to find dirt on Dan’s criminal family or else face the consequences. Link hates his parents, but he would never jeopardize his uncle and young cousin. But what he is feeling for Dan? How can he find a way out of what feels like an impossible situation? Meanwhile, Dan is trying to figure out this latest issue his family and friends are facing, but something isn’t adding up quite right. Can they figure it out? Another great story in this series! I love a good enemies to lovers stories and Dan and Link were definitely a favorite of mine. Their banter and chemistry are so good. And they both are so deeply loyal and caring, especially to each other. The fight they have ahead of them is hard but one they can get through if they can do it together. Great story all around and I’m looking forward to the next book in the series!

I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment