Monday, September 2, 2024

Leighton U Book 3: Fair Catch by CE Ricci

 

Leighton U Book 3

Taking in Kason Fuller as roommate is meant to be a favor; one I regret immediately.
The bumbling, virgin football player drives me to the brink of sanity, stealing my food, my sleep, my peace and solitude. My solution? Call a ceasefire. Get him out on dates and out of my hair. Yet as our truce shifts, I realize there’s a depth to this connection unlike any I’ve felt before. It turns out, I don’t mind his presence. I crave it, along with every morsel I learn about him. But falling for the guy from the wrong side of the tracks wasn’t in the cards. And I’m not the only one who thinks so. Now, I’m at a crossroads between the life I thought I’d have, or risking everything to catch him.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/195587430-fair-catch

********

My Review: 5/5 Stars

Kason is in need of some distance from his best friend. After a small falling out that he more or less has forgiven at this point, he just realizes that he needs to take a step back from the codependency that has built over the years between them. He has to stand on his on two feet. And for now that starts with some distance and moving out of their apartment. But things don’t go exactly according to plan when the first impression he makes with his potential new roommate leads to him spilling coffee all over him. Hayes is an introvert who spends his time in the quiet and studying. But the second Kason moves in he is filled with regrets. These two could not be more out of sync when it comes to rooming together. They both know they’ll have to compromise and get used to one another but right now that’s not happening. So when an opportunity arises for Hayes to help Kason out in his dating life, he jumps at the idea of getting Kason out of the house more. But what he never expects is for the feelings to hit him. Hayes is demisexual. For him, he needs that emotional connection to build in order for the physical attraction to even make an appearance. So he is taken by surprise when there comes a moment where he finally sees Kason differently. They’ve been building a slow friendship and now? How can he stand to see him go out with other people when Hayes is right there? And for Kason, he has thought Hayes was beautiful from day one and even though they had a prickly start, he can’t help but like the guy once he got to know him. But he can’t imagine Hayes feeling differently about him…until he does. I adored these two. I loved their little enemies to lovers vibe in the beginning. Though it was more Hayes being cranky more than anything. But they ended up with a lot more in common than either thought and they just fit. They really understood one another the more they got to know one another. Absolutely the sweetest! And of course, when trouble later arises, you can’t help but cheer for these two to get their happy ending. Another great book in this series! I cannot wait for the next one.

No comments:

Post a Comment