Wednesday, October 4, 2023

Crimson Club Book 2: Fakers with Benefits by Willow Dixon

 

Crimson Club Book 2

Just when I think my life can’t get any weirder, a mysterious stranger comes to the club and offers me a crap-ton of cash to pose as his boyfriend for ninety days.

The job sounds simple enough. Evan is as rich as he is hot, and he says he doesn’t expect anything from me other than my acting skills. If we can pull it off and fool his friends and family, he gets his inheritance. I get a new wardrobe, a huge payout, and a chance to see how the other half lives.

But as time goes on and I find myself becoming more involved in Evan’s world, I realize things aren’t always as they seem.

On the outside Evan is a buttoned-up, boring businessman. But when he starts receiving letters threatening not only himself, but also me, I find out who he truly is.

Ruthless.

Possessive.

And the only person who’s ever made me feel seen.

Nick and Evan’s story is a fake relationship with benefits romance between a wealthy business mogul and a younger stripper with a heart of gold. Expect lots of heat, tons of banter, and all the feels as these two men realize that sometimes opposites really do attract. It is the second book in the exciting new Crimson Club series but can be read as a standalone.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/197880327-fakers-with-benefits

********

My Review 5/5 Stars

Nick is this chaotic energy that you may think is annoying but is actually highly entertaining and refreshing. I couldn’t stop laughing at every single thing that flew out of his mouth. You just never knew what he was going to say next. And I was glad his book was second to be released in this series! So Nick has found himself in a pretty weird situation. They meet when Evan goes to his sister’s bachelorette party at the Crimson Club and the connection between Nick and Evan is pretty instant and undeniable. And Evan makes a bold move in proposing a business deal with Nick. One that Nick isn’t quite sure to believe. Evan needs Nick to be his fake boyfriend. Nothing shady, just someone he can show off in order to gain his trust and have his father sign off on giving Evan the family company. And in return Nick will be paid quite well and be taken care of. Though complications hit when there is an unknown threat to Evan and that branches out to Nick. And Evan will do whatever he can to make sure Nick is safe. As these start their deal, what neither expect is the consuming attraction between them. And though Evan especially wants to keep things professional, well these two are adult and responsible enough to make up their own minds when they want be friends with benefits too. What neither really expects though for feelings to get involved as they get to know one another. Nick and Evan have a great balance between them. They are opposites in a lot of ways, but they bring out the best in one another. And they are one another’s safe place. Something neither truly have. They have very few close to them but sometimes finding that partner to really be yourself and be loved has been hard to find. Until now. Adored these two! And I cannot wait for more in this series! We have some great characters and I’m very much interested to get their stories!

No comments:

Post a Comment