Sunday, July 30, 2023

When He Saved Me by Melody Claire

 


He was the savior I never knew I needed…

Jamie
The moment I laid eyes on him, I was captivated. I wanted to know everything about the guy with the soulful eyes and broody exterior. He throws up walls at every turn, but I can be patient. The more I get to know him, the more I want to help him see how beautiful life is once you truly choose to live it. Can I convince him that love is worth opening yourself up for?

Finn
Invisible nearly all of my life, I was living a shell of an existence. Work. Eat. Sleep. Repeat. Then Jamie walks in with his shiny, pretty-boy exterior and the heart of a golden retriever. He doesn’t understand my life, but that doesn’t stop him from trying, and next thing I know, I’m opening up to him in ways I never have with anyone. But when tragedy strikes and roles are reversed, Jamie loses his shine.

He saved me from a life devoid of color. Can I do the same for him?

When He Saved Me is an emotional new adult romance featuring a broody barista and a sunshiney college student navigating love and loss and comes with a guaranteed HEA. This standalone deals with heavy themes of grief.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/175679261-when-he-saved-me

********

My Review: 4/5 Stars

Finn has been existing through life rather than truly living it. He was kicked out of his house right after high school and went into survivor mode and never left. He worked hard to keep a roof over his head and to stay afloat. And if it wasn’t for having his best friend Carmen around to be there for him, he doesn’t know where he would be. But the life he is living isn’t enough. And it’s not until Jamie walks into his life does he realize what he has been missing by closing himself off to others and guarding his heart. But Jamie chips away at his defenses bit by bit. And Finn for the first time may let someone in. Jamie is sunshine despite the bad that come into his life. He lost his dad young and his mom currently has cancer and it’s only a matter of time until he loses her too. With his last year of college being busier than ever, he never expected to add a relationship to it. But then he sees Finn. And the pull he feels toward him is impossible to ignore. Though Finn may not be ready to give Jamie the time of day yet, Jamie won’t give up. Not yet. Because he knows if he can get past Finn’s defenses just a bit then what they could have could be everything. Really loved this story! Jamie and Finn are such a great match that balance one another out so so well. Really sweet and touching story. 

No comments:

Post a Comment