Thursday, July 20, 2023

Rules We Break Book 2: Don’t Mess with the Ex by DJ Jamison

 

Rules We Break Book 2

For years, I've lived by one simple Don't Mess With The Ex.

It was an easy rule to follow when Laurence Kensington III was on the other side of the country.

Now that he's shown up out of the blue? Not so much.

I followed my heart into a whirlwind romance with him once, and it led to disaster. I've vowed to never be so impulsive or reckless again. But when he brings me a proposal that will help me achieve my dreams for Granville *and* refuse his entitled family something they want, I'm once more put to the test.

Laurie is as handsome as I remember, but more generous than I ever gave him credit for. His sweet gestures, generous spirit, and open heart make it a challenge to stick to my rule.

But then, maybe messing with the ex isn't all bad. Maybe it's time to write new rules.

Is it really so wrong to follow my heart if my heart was right all along?

Don't Mess With The Ex is Book 2 of Rules We Break, a spin-off series from Games We Play, set in the small, quirky town of Granville, where nosy residents meddle in one another's lives, great friendships are made, and silly innuendos are a way of life.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/153602161-don-t-mess-with-the-ex

********

My Review: 5/5 Stars

The cliffhanger of the previous book that gave us a sneak peek at what was to come in this book was so good and couldn’t wait to get my hands on this story! Tucker is shocked when his ex Laurie appears in town after not only 20 years, but announces that they are still married. Nearly 20 years ago, Laurie and Tucker were head over heels in love and in a moment of pure happiness got married. But trouble came knocking on their door in the form of Laurie’s very rich and very terrible family. The results? Heartbreak on both sides when Laurie sees no way to protect Tucker from the threats his family were making. Leading to an annulment and a separation that would have them broken hearted. However, years later, when Laurie’s aunt passes away and leaves her everything, there is one stipulation. He must be married. And when he finds out his marriage to Tucker was never filed, he takes this as a sign to find him once more. Truthfully, Laurie has no care for his inheritance. He’s done well for himself over the years once he was able to break away from his family. But he knows it won’t be easy winning Tucker’s heart and he’ll do whatever it takes to stay and win him back. Tucker is shocked to find Laurie in Granville, but he finds himself agreeing to stay married and put on a show if it means that Laurie’s family gets screwed over. He also knows that he’ll have to guard his heart again. He can’t let Laurie back in again. Not so easily. But the more he learns about this version of Laurie, the harder it is to resist the fact that he still does love his husband. I adored these two!! You can’t help by cheer for Laurie to win Tucker back. It’s clear as day that these two still very much love one another but are so scared to lose the other again. Another fun sweet story in this world. And I cannot wait for the next one!

No comments:

Post a Comment