Tuesday, June 27, 2023

Unlucky 13 Book 3: Unfortunate by Nicole Dykes

 

Unlucky 13 Book 3


Welcome to the Black Diamond Resort and Spa . . .
I’m in exile in this luxurious refuge after a scandal, which shouldn’t be a scandal at all.
I’m Elijah Hunt, former child actor, now beloved action star.
When a picture of me in a compromising position is posted online, for the entire world to see, my agent sent me here to escape the limelight.
But here, it’s different from my crazy, loud, glitzy life. It’s quiet and peaceful. No one seems impressed with my celebrity.
And no one is less impressed than the sexy, aloof member of the cleaning crew. He couldn’t care less who I am or why I’m here.
He’s convinced I’m one of the fortunate ones—and I suppose I am. I’ve had it all—big houses, the best care, money, fame, and shallow adoration . . . but I’ve never been loved.
I’ve never known if people like me for who I am underneath it all or just for my money and fame.
And to me . . . that seems awfully unfortunate.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/127126345-unfortunate

********

My Review: 5/5 Stars

Elijah has been an actor since he was a child. Well known and beloved, he has kept himself out of any situation that could cause a scandal. And in doing so, he kept a part of himself locked up tight. But when he is outed without consent, everyone jumps on a scandal that really shouldn’t be a scandal. To help him get some peace and time away to decide what he wants to do, his agents sends him Black Diamond Resort and Spa. And that’s where he meets Atlas. Though they don’t exactly get off on the right footing, they can’t deny the attraction they have for one another. And when they actually take the time to talk to one another and have a real conversation? They’ll find themselves falling for one another faster than either are prepared for. Atlas loves his job at the resort. He has a good group of friends, a good job, and a beautiful place to live. But when he meets Elijah and gets to know him? He realizes exactly what he has been missing. I loved their story! Atlas and Elijah were such a great couple. When they are together, they can be themselves. And though they know that Elijah’s time is limited on the island, it doesn’t stop them from spending time together. Really great story. My favorite of the series so far! 

No comments:

Post a Comment