Thursday, June 15, 2023

The Loyal Boys Book 1: Cali Boy by

The Loyal Boys Book 1

Finn

One devastating night. One tragic accident.

I survived, but the boy I used to be didn’t.

And I’ve been on a downward spiral of anger and resentment ever since. That is until my father makes a selfish decision that changes the course of my life and my future.

It brings him into it.

Golden-haired surfer boy, Oliver Chase.

Sunshine personified, and my new stepbrother.

I want to hate him, but his shy smiles and endearing dimples have me questioning everything I thought I knew about myself. I definitely don’t deserve him and I’ll probably hurt him, but the ease with which he breaks down the walls surrounding my battered heart might not leave me with a choice.

Oliver

I don’t look back when Mom moves us from our sleepy California beach town to the wealthy suburbs of Chicago. I need a fresh start, to leave all the negativity and hate behind me, and I’m taking it.

But I wasn’t expecting the grumpy, brooding, hurt boy that bangs on my bedroom door. Nor was I expecting the toxic relationship he has with his dad, my mom’s new husband.

With mounting tensions at school and at home, I’m not sure how to feel about this fresh start anymore, but what I do know is that Finn’s tender touches and growly commands make me want him. And you should never lust after a straight boy… especially your new stepbrother.

Cali Boy is an 88,000 word M/M stepbrother romance. It is a standalone and you can expect grumpy/sunshine, hurt/comfort, and steamy first times. This novel is intended for 18+ readers and touches on some sensitive subjects.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/61432063-cali-boy

********

My Review: 5/5 Stars

Finn has been struggling ever since the car accident him and his mom got into and ended up taking her life. His father and him have a terrible relationship and Finn can't help but blame himself for the accident. Even though it wasn't his fault by a drunk driver's. And things are about to change once more when his father announces that he has remarried and that she and her son are moving in the next day. Talk about a bit of a shock. Finn wants to hate to hate Vivian and Oliver on principal but the moment he meets them. He knows he is in trouble. Despite loving California, Oliver is happy to leave it for a new start. After he friends turned on him after he told him he was gay, he has had enough of the bullying. Even if it means he is about to meet his stepfather and stepbrother. But as long as his mom is happy then he's happy. What he doesn't expect is for the pull he has toward Finn the moment they meet. He can see a certain sadness and hurt inside of Finn, but Finn only ever shows Oliver that he is protective and caring in everything he does. Oliver has never felt safer than when he is with Finn. The tension between them only gets stronger the more they get to know one another. And when their parents are away for their honeymoon, it won't take long for these two to embrace their feelings. Really loved this story! Finn and Oliver were such a great pair. Finn might be a bit broody and grumpy, but Oliver brings out a softer to side to him. A happier one after suffering for so long after losing his mom and essentially his dad. And Oliver gets to finally just be himself and feel safe for once. This was a great story all around with plenty of ups and downs and twists and turns. I couldn't put it down! Definitely looking forward to the next book in this series. 

No comments:

Post a Comment