Wednesday, March 3, 2021

Crave Series Book 3: Covet by Tracy Wolff

Covet (Crave, #3)
Crave Series Book 3

I may have reached my breaking point. As if trying to graduate from a school for supernaturals isn’t stressful enough, my relationship status has gone from complicated to a straight-up dumpster fire.

Oh, and the Bloodletter has decided to drop a bomb of epic proportions on us all...

Then again, when has anything at Katmere Academy not been intense?

And the hits just keep coming. Jaxon's turned colder than an Alaskan winter. The Circle is splintered over my upcoming coronation. As if things couldn’t get worse, now there’s an arrest warrant for Hudson’s and my supposed crimes—which apparently means a lifetime prison sentence with a deadly unbreakable curse.

Choices will have to be made...and I fear not everyone will survive.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/53426743-covet

********

My Review: 5/5 Stars

I have been obsessed with this series since I picked up Crave. It was such a delightful surprise, not realizing how much I loved it after zooming through it. Then book two, Crush, came along and topped it. And now we arrived at book three, Covet, and it was even better if that was possible. I was super nervous going into this one. Afraid decisions would be made that would have me wanting to throw the book across the room. And though moments were touch and go, by the end I was happy and satisfied with everything that went down and I cannot wait for the final book to come out! So much happened in this book. And what do you expect when the book is SO long. Longer than the previous books and those were LONG! And right from the beginning we are hit with so many big revelations, it threatened to give me serious whiplash. All crazy and great twists. I couldn't put this book down. And I mean obviously. The book came out yesterday and I finished it the next day. Worth it. So without spoiling anything from the book. but probably a couple of things from the previous books, it picks up not too long after the previous book ends then jumps a couple of weeks. Grace is dealing with the horrible and awkward situation of having a broken mating bond with Jaxon and a new mating bond with Hudson. It's heartbreaking to watch the three of them have no idea what to do about it. But decisions are made early and twists and revelations give the mating bond issues an almost solved solution. Though it is a big theme and issue in the book. On top of that Grace and her friends have to finish their last semester at Katmere and graduate. And while all of that is going on they soon learn that Cyrus, the vampire king, has issued an arrest for Hudson. And is planning to ambush him the moment he graduates from Katmere. Grace and her friends only have a small amount of time to figure out a way to defeat Cyrus or how to escape the impossible and most horrible prison. This leads them on quite a journey. What is great about this book was the world building was definitely explored. We got to see the inner workings of the courts a bit more and some cool places. The group has a tentative plan to defeat Cyrus but it isn't even close to easy. I really don't want to spoil, but this book was insane. And I loved every moment. Like I said, so much world building it was fascinating. I love Grace and Hudson. They are just quite a pair. And we get so much page time with my other favorite characters. All in all, great book. And with the epic ending, I cannot wait to see how everything goes down in the final book.

No comments:

Post a Comment