Monday, July 6, 2020

Texas Nights Book 1: Shameless by Lex Martin

Shameless
Texas Nights Book 1
***A USA TODAY BESTSELLER*** The SHAMELESS ebook is FREE for a limited time.

Brady… What the hell do I know about raising a baby? Nothing. Not a goddamn thing.

Yet here I am, the sole guardian of my niece. I’d be lost if it weren’t for Katherine, the beautiful girl who seems to have all the answers. Katherine, who’s slowly finding her way into my cynical heart.

I keep reminding myself that I can’t fall for someone when we don’t have a future. But telling myself this lie and believing it are two different things.

Katherine… When Brady shows up on a Harley, looking like an avenging angel—six feet, three inches of chiseled muscle, eyes the color of wild sage, and sun-kissed skin emblazoned with tattoos—I’m not sure if I should fall at his feet or run like hell. Because if I tell him what happened the night his family died, he might hate me.

What I don’t count on are the nights we spend together trying to forget the heartache that brought us here. I promise him it won’t mean anything, that I won’t fall in love.

I shouldn’t make promises I can’t keep.

SHAMELESS is a standalone companion novel in the Texas Nights series. BREATHLESS, Joey and Logan's book, releases Feb. 18, 2020!


********

My Review: 4/5 Stars

When Brady gets a phone call in the middle of the night telling him that his younger brother and his wife are gone, everything changes. He's heartbroken that he never got to make up with his brother after what seems like stupid arguments. And then after hearing the news, his father gets a heart attack. Used to stepping up to help his family, Brady flies down to Texas to take get Cal's farm in order. What he doesn't expect is to find that his niece wasn't in the car with his brother and wife and now he is responsible for her. Brady is relieved that Izzy is okay but he starts to realize that Cal left a lot behind in Texas. Lucky for him he has Katherine to help him out. Katherine had been living with Mel and Cal for months. After a bad breakup and the need to get away to a safe place she came to help Mel and Cal out with Izzy. She soon found that she loves their farm and it is the perfect place to heal. That is until she loses her best friends. And she blames it on herself. Brady and Katherine find themselves working together to figure out everything that Mel and Cal left behind, including taking care of their daughter. In their grief they turn to one another and soon a relationship blooms between the two. Except Brady is planning to go back to Boston with Izzy and Katherine's life is in Texas. Their romance was sweet and frustrating throughout the story. I just wanted them to talk to one another about how they were really feeling and stop being scared and take a chance on one another! But I was hooked to find out everything the two of them were hiding bout their past and see if they could figure out if they could be together. Great story! 

No comments:

Post a Comment