Saturday, July 25, 2020

Brooklyn Bruisers Book 6: Superfan by Sarina Bowen

Superfan (Brooklyn, #3)
Brooklyn Bruisers Book 6
Sometimes lady luck shakes your hand, and sometimes she smacks your face. Sometimes she does both on the same day.

Three years ago I met the most amazing girl in the world. We were both down on our luck. Then I got that call—the one that tells you to get your buns on a plane to go meet your destiny.

But the girl was left behind. I didn’t have her phone number, and she didn’t know my real name.

While I became a professional hockey player, she became a superstar, with platinum records and legions of fans. And a slick, music producer boyfriend who treated her badly.

But fate wasn’t done with us yet. When Delilah turns up at a hockey game, I can’t resist making contact. The internet swoons when I ask her out on a date.

She might not remember me. But her jerkface ex does. He’ll do anything to keep us apart.

Good thing athletes never give up. This time I’m playing for keeps.


********

My Review: 5/5 Stars

Finally! Finally, I made it to Silas's book and it was fantastic! Throughout the series Silas has made an appearance. He was on Brooklyn's team, then he wasn't, and then he was back (yay!). So I've been patiently waiting to get to his book. Especially that throughout the series Silas has always been teased by his teammates about his obsession over Delilah's music. Little did we know that Silas actually knows her. He met her three years before, but he never had a chance to get her number and she didn't know him as Silas, but as Ralph. A small chance brings them back together and the sparks fly as they get a second chance at what could be a fantastic love story. And this story was great! I read it so fast. Lots of cameos from our favorite characters. Silas and Delilah may be reunited but things get complicated quickly for them when Delilah's ex refuses to let her release her second album and is trying to sabotage Silas and Delilah's relationship. Great, great story! So sad, I'm getting to the end of the series. But this one was definitely a fun and great addition! 

No comments:

Post a Comment