Sunday, March 29, 2020

Brooklyn Book 1: Brooklynaire by Sarina Bowen

Brooklynaire (Brooklyn, #1)
Brooklyn Book 1
A sexy new standalone from USA Today bestseller Sarina Bowen.

You’d think a billion dollars, a professional hockey team and a six-bedroom mansion on the Promenade would satisfy a guy. You’d be wrong.

For seven years Rebecca has brightened my office with her wit and her smile. She manages both my hockey team and my sanity. I don’t know when I started waking in the night, craving her. All I know is that one whiff of her perfume ruins my concentration. And her laugh makes me hard.

When Rebecca gets hurt, I step in to help. It’s what friends do. But what friends don’t do is rip off each others’ clothes for a single, wild night together.

Now she’s avoiding me. She says we’re too different, and it can never happen again. So why can’t we keep our hands off each other?


********

My Review: 5/5 Stars

When Rebecca gets hurt she is surprised to see that Nate, her boss and long time friend steps up to be take care of her. Their relationship has always been strictly friends especially that she works for his company, but things start to change when Nate reveals that his feelings go beyond friendship and for the time Rebecca has to acknowledge that those feelings she put away long ago for Nate may be reciprocated way more than she could have ever known. Nate knows how he feels about Rebecca, but he has to find a way to convince her that taking a leap of faith on them and their future is worth the risk that comes with being in a relationship with the boss. Rebecca and Nate are such a great match and their chemistry off the charts. And throw in some hockey, well you got me hooked to the story. Especially when I learned there are books before this one and ones after it! Definitely going to be checking those out! 

No comments:

Post a Comment