Monday, February 26, 2024

Powell Sanctuary Book 1: Abandoned by A.M. Wilson

 

Powell Sanctuary Book 1

A dog named Slipper almost ruined my life.

The uncatchable stray snuck on the patio where I was waitressing and knocked me straight into Lee Powell's lap.

My fist slammed into his junk.

Then I accidentally flipped his breakfast platter onto his pants.

I thought it couldn't get any worse, but when I bring my brother to baseball practice, I discover his new coach is none other than Lee, owner and founder of Powell Dog Sanctuary, and he's not happy to see me.

I try to keep my distance from the hottest grump I've ever seen and ignore what it felt like curled against his broad, muscled chest.

But a bad case of the flu changes everything.

He stumbles on to my biggest secret and reveals a few of his own. He can't seem to stay away from me. He says he's too old for me, but I couldn't care less when he makes me feel cherished.

But then his past raises its ugly head, and he breaks our connection in a moment of suspicion.

Lee's afraid of being hurt again, but I'm the one left abandoned.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/123024219-abandoned

********

My Review: 4/5 Stars

Nothing has been okay since Juniper lost her mom a few years back. Since then, her father has gone down path of drinking and violence. Blaming Juniper for her mother’s death and pushing her around to the point where it leaves bruises on her skin. But she’ll endure it so that her younger brother won’t have to and until she has enough money to get them out of her dad’s house for good. She just needs a bit more time. What she doesn’t account for is meeting Lee. Her brother’s new baseball coach and the guy she accidentally punched in his junk and spilled his breakfast all over his lap. Though in her defense, it was a dog who pushed her first. Since then, the two of them have crossed paths more often than not and when one thing leads to another, things take an interesting turn for them. Lee has mostly kept to himself. He has a big family of foster siblings that are basically his own and he’ll never put himself in a positioned to be abandoned. Not again. But Juniper has a way of getting under his skin. And he finds it harder and harder to keep away from her. But Juniper is keeping some big secrets and it’s only a matter of time until things come to light. I really enjoyed this story! Juniper and Lee had great chemistry and I found myself speeding really quickly through the story. 

No comments:

Post a Comment