Wednesday, February 7, 2024

Forgotten Kingdoms Book 5: Of Elves & Embers by Elle Madison & Robin D. Mahle

 

Forgotten Kingdoms Book 5

A princess bound in flames.
A king living in shadows.
A forgotten vow written in the stars.


When I jetted off to Vegas for a reluctant girls’ weekend, the last thing I expected was to tumble through a portal into an alternate reality.

Now, I'm stuck in a world straight out of a fantasy, collared by a king who can't stand the sight of me, and roped into a deal he insists I struck in a previous life - a life where I was an Elven princess, arch-rival to his court.

I keep telling myself it's all a crazy dream, but the memories that barrage me every night are too real to ignore. And, as much as I hate to admit it, there's this inexplicable pull towards this mysterious elf - my captor, my adversary, and, bizarrely, my protector.

King Hadeon is hiding things about our shared history, and I'm not sure I'm ready to dig into that mystery. Even if I dared, the revelations might be more than I can handle.

With the Moon Court Elves gunning for me and wraiths threatening to destroy everything, I'm racing against time and fate. I need to piece together my past life before it's too late, and before history decides to repeat itself.


*Author Note: This is a standalone fantasy romance that contains a dark romance with slow-burn enemies-to-lovers, fated mates, forced proximity, and medium spice.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/199822194-of-elves-embers

********

My Review: 5/5 Stars

Another favorite of mine from this series so far! Ember is dragged away from her friends and Vegas and learns she is the Elven princess from the Sun Court who gave her life fifty years ago along with seven other girls to save their world. Like the other girls, Ember’s memories of her past life aren’t back and will slowly come back as time goes on or when she is simply ready. In the meantime, she finds that she is brought to the Moon Court by those who may consider her the enemy. While the Moon and Sun Courts don’t get along, they have one common enemy. The wraiths that threaten to hurt both their people. And who are still doing damage many years after Ember’s sacrifice. She’ll have to work alongside King Hadeon to regain her powers and stop the wraiths once and for all. But things are complicated. Especially when Ember senses her past life caused a lot of damage between her and Hadeon. Something it seems he is not willing to forgive any time soon. Ember feels her pull to him, knows there is more to their story, but will she only find pain? I loved this one for many reasons. We get a whole Hades/Persephone vibe between Hadeon and Ember who in her past life was Phaedra. Lots of action, romance, and magic. This just had so many great elements i love in a romance fantasy book. I’m also very excited for the next book after getting a cameo from the heroes of our next book. This series has been a lot of fun so far, and I can’t wait to see what happens next!

No comments:

Post a Comment