Monday, October 31, 2022

Puckboys Book 2: Irresponsible Puckboy by Eden Finley & Saxon James

Irresponsible Puckboy (Puckboys, #2)
Puckboys Book 2

Tripp

The worst part of being in love with my straight best friend is the fact he’s too oblivious to see it.

Years of pining have left me exhausted, and I need a break from Dex. I need space to get over my feelings. But when his relationship falls apart and he turns to me for comfort, I cave immediately.

If there’s one thing I hate more than being hurt, it’s seeing Dex struggle. I can’t leave him in a time of need, even if my friends say it’s my biggest downfall.

They say Dexter Mitchale is my weakness, but if that’s true, I don’t want to be strong.


Dex

I’ve always been the dumb one. It’s what I’m known for, and usually I don’t let it get to me.

I have hockey, and I have my best friend, Tripp. What more do I need? To settle down? No thank you. Marriage? Hard pass. According to ex-girlfriends, that makes me “irresponsible.”

But the solution I come up with to get over my fear of commitment might be my dumbest idea yet. Not only does it have team management breathing down my neck, but it puts a strain on my friendship with Tripp.

This PR nightmare could lose me the only person I’ve ever loved. Losing girlfriends is nothing. Losing Tripp? It’s not an option.

I’ll do whatever it takes to keep him. 

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/59623685-irresponsible-puckboy

********

My Review: 4/5 Stars 

Tripp has been in love with his best friend for a very long time. But he can't exactly tell his very straight best friend that, now can he? Instead, he pines from afar knowing he rather have Dex in his life than tell him how he really feels. But Tripp is put in what is probably the worst situation when Dex has a terrible idea. Dex's version of practicing getting over his commitment issues is to go to a wedding chapel and marry Tripp. They figure as long as they don't file the paperwork, it won't be real. At least that was the plan. But when the marriage goes through and word gets around, they are in a no win situation. They'll have to pretend to be married for real to avoid a PR nightmare. Shouldn't be too hard right? The two of them are best friends and those who don't know them may even assume they are together. But not that they are put in this married life, they begin to realize that perhaps marriage isn't so bad. Not if it is with the right person. So Dex has believed he has always been straight. He doesn't do well with subtle, he needs things spelled out for him. He never even noticed his best friend was in love with him. He doesn't even know that some of these feelings he has for Tripp may be way beyond friendship. Because for Dex, Tripp is everything. Dex gets a chance to explore a side of him that may have always been there but he never really noticed before. As for Tripp, he knows that he'll probably get hurt in the end but he'll take Dex in any form. He loves him and having him in his life is everything to him. As the two explore their relationship, they'll discover new things about themselves and each other. Another great story! It was nice to see Dex finally wake up and realize just how much Tripp meant to him and for Tripp to finally be the man he loves. Looking forward to the next story!

No comments:

Post a Comment