Sunday, October 30, 2022

Puckboys Book 1: Egotistical Puckboy by Eden Finley & Saxon James

Egotistical Puckboy (Puckboys, #1)
Puckboys Book 1

EZRA

Partying, dudes, and hockey. What more could a gay NHL player want?

If it weren't for Anton Hayes, my life would be perfect.

Not that he affects my life in any way. At all. That would imply I care what the winger from Philly thinks of me.

Which I don't.

Not even a one-night stand with him can thaw his misplaced animosity toward me.

He says I'm the one with the ego, but he can talk. He rivals me for most egotistical puck boy in the league.

I hate him as much as he hates me. Even if I crave a repeat.


ANTON

When it comes to hockey, I'm all about the game.

I've worked for years to be one of the best in the league, and l've done it without splashing my orientation all over the tabloids.

My hockey image is one I've carefully cultivated, and after one night with Ezra Palaszczuk, I risk it all.

He's cocky, obnoxious, and has an ego bigger than Massachusetts. And okay, maybe he's the sexiest man I've ever known.

We'll never get along. Not when we sleep together. Not even when my possessive streak awakens.

That doesn't stop us from falling into bed together over and over again.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/59623625-egotistical-puckboy

********

My Review: 4/5 Stars 

An enemies to lovers story that has all the best aspects of that trope. We got the undeniable chemistry and the witty banter that keeps you laughing. Ezra and Anton are such a great pairing and highly entertaining. Ezra is nonstop and doesn't know how to stop talking. He's flirty and loquacious and isn't afraid to be himself. Oh, and has the biggest ego of any hockey player you meet. Anton can be more on the quiet side. However, Ezra riles him up to the point where quiet takes a backseat. He can keep up with Ezra without even trying and brings Ezra ego back down to earth while also dishing out his own. Couldn't get enough of these two. What starts out as a one night stand turns into more when Anton is traded to Ezra's team. The two of them form a relationship though neither will admit that the arrangement they have is exactly that. As they juggle to keep their relationship secret since Anton is out but not to the point where he has it broadcasted to the world in fear that it will overshadow his hockey, they also have to work hard on and off the ice to  get that championship win. Really fun story as they two juggle their feelings and get that W. I also realized that characters we met showed up in a series released before this, so I gotta back try after I finish up this series. Especially when I saw who's book is next. Lots of great characters and I'm looking forward to exploring this world!

No comments:

Post a Comment