Friday, October 28, 2022

Madigan Mountain Book 2: A Little Too Close by Rebecca Yarros

A Little Too Close (Madigan Mountain #2)
Madigan Mountain Book 2

Nine years ago, Weston Madigan saved me. I came to Colorado penniless, heartbroken, and pregnant, searching for a fresh start. Weston gave me a job at his family’s resort, then left the next day and never returned, not even to visit.

Then I stumble in on Weston cooking breakfast shirtless—gloriously, inappropriately shirtless—in the shared kitchen of my duplex in employee housing. Given the shock on both our faces, he wasn’t expecting a roommate either, let alone two.

The growly pilot is only home to start his family’s new heli-skiing operation. I can handle being his temporary roommate, right? Chemistry and attraction aren’t impossible to ignore when you agree on ground rules. Besides, even with those gorgeous, brooding brown eyes, the guy is a walking thundercloud…until my daughter, Sutton, makes him laugh and he smiles at me. Then everything changes. Cue inconvenient heart flip.

This is only temporary.
I can’t fall for Weston.
I. Will. Not. Fall. For. Weston.
But rules go out the window when you’re a little too close.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/60370907-a-little-too-close

********

My Review: 5/5 Stars 

This series is turning out pretty great! Book two follows the middle Madigan brother, Weston, when he returns home to start a business for a new heli-skiing operation. Weston isn't exactly happy to be home since he left many years ago. He is still angry with his father and even his older brother, Reed. But he gives in when Reed tells him he needs him and the business he is starting is one that he can't help but kinda love. What he doesn't expect is a miscommunication to land him in the home of Callie and her ten-year-old daughter, Sutton. The same Callie that he helped days before he left to get a job as the resort's photographer. Callie has never forgotten Weston. He found her on one of her worst days. Broken down car, rainy day, and 3 months pregnant after the boss didn't show up for her interview. But Weston hires her and gives her a chance. She has spent these last ten years making a home and a life for her daughter. But sharing a space with him wasn't on the agenda. Neither was the list of rules or falling for him. As they find a way to live together, they can't shake the chemistry between them. But while Callie gives her whole heart in everything, Weston has learned to close his heart long ago. I really loved this story! Callie and Weston were great characters and a fantastic couple. This book had a lot of surprises on how I thought things would play out and I loved that. Really liking this series and I can't wait for the next one!

No comments:

Post a Comment