Monday, November 23, 2020

Bellamy Creek Book 2: Make Me Yours by Melanie Harlow

Make Me Yours (Bellamy Creek #2)
Bellamy Creek Book 2

He’s my brother’s best friend.

The hot single dad next door.

And one accidental sext later, my massive crush on him is no longer a secret.

It’s my own damn fault. I’m thirty years old, for heaven’s sake. I’m a kindergarten teacher and a (reasonably) responsible adult. I should know better than to get tipsy and draft a fake text listing all the dirty things I wish Officer Cole Mitchell would do to me.

I wasn’t supposed to hit send.

He wasn’t supposed to see it.

And he definitely wasn’t supposed to text back telling me to go on . . .

Because after that, things escalate quickly.

Cole is everything I’ve ever wanted. He’s sexy and protective. A devoted father to his little girl. A dedicated cop the whole town adores. The kind of guy you can trust to keep his hands to himself, even when you’re desperately hoping he won’t.

I’m not the girl he thought he’d end up with, but after all this time, I might finally get the chance to say the words I’ve always dreamed of . . . make me yours.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/55871313-make-me-yours

********

My Review: 5/5 Stars 

After reading Drive Me Wild I was so excited to read Make Me Yours so I could read Cheyenne and Cole's story! So good! I could not put it down. Cheyenne has been in love with Cole since she was a teenager. But fate took them in different directions for a while. Cole is her brother's best friend and in high school he had a girlfriend who he ended up married to. But tragedy struck when she gave birth to their daughter, Mariah. And since losing his wife, Cole has only ever focused on raising his daughter. But nine years later perhaps it is time for things to change. Things start shifting between the two of them and soon Cole isn't looking at Cheyenne has his best friend's little sister, but as a woman he is very attracted to and may even have feelings for. And after an accidental text that reveals her feelings and a bit more, things take a new turn. But the journey isn't easy. Cole worries about his daughter's reaction and his own buried anxiety bubbles to the surface. And Cheyenne's hope that Cole returning her love will end up being a dream that shatters into a million pieces. I just loved their story. Both of them had their worries and fears, Cole especially, and it was raw and real to watch them climb their way out of it and take a chance on love, happiness, and a new future. I am loving this series and I hope there is more! I definitely spotted what I hope will be the next book. And I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment