Sunday, November 15, 2020

Bellamy Creek Book 1: Drive Me Wild by Melanie Harlow

Drive Me Wild (Bellamy Creek #1)
Bellamy Creek Book 1

When Blair Beaufort literally crashes into Bellamy Creek wearing a ball gown and a tiara, I should have towed her car, said goodnight, and sent her packing.

I’m a mechanic, not a hotel manager. I've got enough on my plate trying to keep my shop from going under, my overbearing mother off my back, and my baseball team in contention for the league championship. I don’t have time for a former debutante with zero street smarts and a cash flow problem, even if she is crazy beautiful.

Problem is, she’s stranded in my small town, and I’m hiding a protective streak underneath my grumpy exterior that runs deep. So I offer her a place to stay and keep my hands to myself.

For exactly one night.

If only she weren't so gorgeous. So funny. So eager to please. She’s a disaster behind the wheel, but she drives me wild without even trying--at work, at home, in the back of my truck . . . I can’t get enough of the way she makes me feel.

But I know better than to think it can last. She wants a fairy tale, and I’m no prince.

So when it comes time for her to leave, there’s nothing I can do but let her go.

No matter how much it hurts to say goodbye. 

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/54502935-drive-me-wild

********

My Review: 4/5 Stars 

I loved Melanie Harlow's Cloverleigh Farms series and I am glad that I gave Bellamy Creek series a chance too! Especially that we had a tiny bit of a crossover. And I'm all about the crossover series, no matter how small. So one of the great things about this story was the beginning. No better way to kick it off than to have a woman blow out and tire and her knight in shining armor—or mechanic in shining armor—come save the day. Especially when said woman is dressed in a ball gown and tiara. Blair looks like she ran away from the ball or even her wedding, which the town ends up thinking. And if that isn't enough, after Griff, her mechanic in shining armor, offers her a place to crash, well by morning the town is convinced they secretly got married. Hilarious and definitely interesting. Blair decided it was time to turn her life around. After leaving with a few belonging from her privileged life, she heads out to start a new one. Her goal is Cloverleigh Farms. After visiting that places years ago, it was the only place that spoke to her. That is until she accidentally gets stranded in Bellamy Creek. Griff isn't looking for love but he can't help but notice and be attracted to Blair. But he figures get her car fixed up and in return let her fix up his auto shop in exchange. Surely, that will be it and Blair will be on her way out. But neither are ready for the intense chemistry between them and that staying together may be a mistake. Loved their story. It was so fun reading their chemistry and their opposite personalities. And Blair was great because she was so much stronger despite her upbringing. And Griff was just her perfect match. Great story! Can't wait for book two.

No comments:

Post a Comment