Tuesday, May 1, 2018

A Court of Thorns and Roses Book 3.1: A Court of Frost and Starlight by Sarah J. Maas

A Court of Frost and Starlight (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #3.1)
ACOTAR Series Book 3.1

The Winter Solstice. In a week. I was still new enough to being High Lady that I had no idea what my formal role was to be. If we'd have a High Priestess do some odious ceremony, as lanthe had done the year before. A year. Gods, nearly a year since Rhys had called in his bargain, desperate to get me away from the poison of the Spring Court to save me from my despair. Had he been only a minute later, the Mother knew what would have happened. Where I'd now be. Snow swirled and eddied in the garden, catching in the brown fibers of the burlap covering the shrubs My mate who had worked so hard and so selflessly, all without hope that I would ever be with him We had both fought for that love, bled for it. Rhys had died for it.



********

My Review: 5/5 Stars

Brilliant. Absolutely amazing. The perfect bridge between the original trilogy and the books to come. I loved every moment of A Court of Frost and Starlight. I loved that we didn't just get Feyre's and Rhysand's points of views, but a few others as well. The story checks in with our Court of Dreams and what they have been up to sine the end of the war. Nothing has been perfect. There is still trouble on the horizon, but for the most part they have stayed together, because they are a family. Feyre is still learning her role as High Lady but she is also finding more of herself and what she hopes to achieve in her immortal life with her love of her life and mate Rhys. And though not everyone in their family is doing well, it is something that even they cannot fix. 

There were so many amazing parts of this story that will have fans squealing in laughter and joy. In moments hinted and promised and finally seen! I don't want to give anything away because no one deserves this story ruined. A perfect way to close Feyre and Rhysand's point of views, because of course they will still be around. 

Seriously such a great novella with promises of storylines to follow in future books. We may have gotten a hint with the excerpt for the next book to know who the story will follow, but that is not the only story to tell. There is so much still happening in the world of Prythian and I am so excited to see what else is coming!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment