Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Falling Kingdoms Book 6: Immortal Reign by Morgan Rhodes

Immortal Reign (Falling Kingdoms, #6)
Falling Kingdoms Book 6
 

As two lethal elemental gods set out to destroy Mytica, sworn enemies must become allies in the final fight to save the kingdoms.

Jonas continues to willfully defy his destiny, but the consequences of plotting his own course are drastic. As the fight for Mytica rages on, he must decide just how much more he's willing to sacrifice.

Lucia knows there's something special about her daughter and she'll do anything to protect her, even if that means facing Kyan alone.

Amara is called back home to Kraeshia. Grandma Cortas has her own plans for Mytica's future. She promises Amara power, revenge, and dominance if she agrees to be part of her scheme.

Magnus and Cleo's love will be put to the ultimate test. Dark magic is causing widespread destruction throughout the kingdom. Enemies across the sea are advancing. And unrest is stirring throughout the land. Is their love strong enough to withstand the outside forces tearing them apart?

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/23367265-immortal-reign

********

My Review: 5/5 Stars

A satisfying ending to a really great series! I had my ups and downs with this series and the way it finally came together in this final book, was worth the roller coaster that was the Falling Kingdoms series. I remember reading book one and some of the risks being taken when it came to characters and plot twits and so much other stuff, and my mouth would drop at every surprise that each book gave me. And I would think, wow did Morgan Rhodes really just do that?! And though it was hard to watch some characters' get through their journey, there is no argument to how incredible their character development was. 

I had read book 5, the day it came out. And I hadn't had a chance to re-read the series before this final book. I will admit that it was a struggle in the beginning to remember what had happened before in when it came to the smaller details. I wished I re-read the series before this last book so I would be refreshed and could appreciate some small details that I may have forgotten. So I suggest re-reading before you start the last book if you haven't already! Though I did make it through and I recalled more and more as I kept reading. 

I was happy with so many things in this book. To start I loved that everyone was finally reunited. There are so many points of view and in this final book we have everyone working together one way or another. We also had a Magnus and Cleo reunion early, so all you Magneo fans, don't worry! We are not tortured to wait until the book is almost done for them to be reunited. It is a reunion worth waiting for. 

Their journeys finally come to an end and everyone has an important role. Their fight against Kyan was quite the battle of wills and the adventures they go through are crazy and exciting. If you loved the other books in the series you will not be disappointed. And if you were like me and it took a while to warm up to the series, keep going. It is worth it. Great books. Great series. I'm sad it's over. But definitely worth the read. 




No comments:

Post a Comment