![]() |
| Redemption Road Book 3 |
They call me Joyride because it’s what got me sent to prison. But it only reminds me of all the pain I’ve caused…
Two days after my eighteenth birthday I stole my parents car and went joyriding. I was mad at my dad, freaked out about my sexuality, and hurt that my best friend was dating someone who wasn’t me.
I was reckless. Driving too fast. Heedless of the rain. Crying.
The car spun out of control and crashed into another vehicle, changing the course of two lives forever.
Five years later, I’m out of prison and finally at peace with being gay. I’ve got a good group of guys at Redemption Road who are focused on moving forward. But I can’t. All I can see is Dakota Willis, the other driver, paralyzed because of my actions.
When I run into Kit, my hot hookup from Omaha—a physical therapist who seems interested—I think this might be my moment to look forward instead of back.
Then I discover he’s Dakota’s brother. It’s over before it started. But if I can’t be with him, I can at least face Dakota again. Tell her I’m sorry. Try to make amends.
If Kit hates me, I deserve it. If he uses me for his pleasure, I’ll serve as long as he wants. I’ve hurt these people, and I should hurt too.
Even if I’m starting to love them…
********
My Review: 5/5 Stars
It’s finally Joey’s turn! I’ve been looking forward to his story for a while. Joey joined the Redemption Road program after being in prison for five years. Back when he was eighteen, he went out for a drive on a rainy day and ended up in an accident that paralyzed the driver in the car he hit. And because his parents called the cops to say that Joey stole their car to teach him a lesson, he ended up in jail. He knows he deserved it. His actions hurt someone and it’s something he has to live with everyday. What he never expected though was the man he hit it off with and hooked up with at a club outside of town, would be the brother of the woman he hurt. He knows he doesn’t deserve forgiveness. He’s not looking for it. He just wants to make some sort of amends to Dakota and now her brother, Kit. Kit was so happy to run into the guy he hasn’t been able to stop thinking about it. That is until he found out Joey was the man that hurt his sister. His sister may be willing to forgive Joey, especially as she gets to know him, but Kit isn’t sure he can do it. His heart disagrees. Because every day he sees Joey, the more he gets to know him and it’s telling him that Joey is a good man. But can he truly let go of the past? I loved their story!!! This was just so good. Joey had such a journey. Beyond trying to make amends, he really needed to learn to forgive himself a bit too. I loved that these two were able to get to know one another and work their way to a place that allowed them to truly fall for one another. This may be my favorite of the series so far! And I can’t wait for the next one.
I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

No comments:
Post a Comment