Friday, October 9, 2026

Creepin U Season 2 Book 4: Anchored to You by Ashley Rayne

 

Creepin U Season 2 Book 4

Beck

This year at Creepin U, I only have three priorities: get through my classes, play baseball, and work enough to make money for school. I don't have time for distractions, drama, and especially not hookups. Then I find out my new roommate is the one person I never expected to see again, and I know I'm screwed. After ghosting Talon last year, I told myself it was nothing more than a hookup. And it wasn't. I had too much going on back then, and I have even more going on now. But living with him makes forgetting impossible. We're sharing a small space, and the more time I spend with him, the more I want a second chance to prove I'm not the guy he thinks I am.

Talon

Getting ghosted hurts. But getting ghosted by the person who’s your new roommate is worse. But he doesn’t need to know that, so I lie. I tell him that night meant nothing and that I’ve moved on. But when he comes back asking for another night together, I can’t help but agree. No feelings, no expectations, only hooking up. But the more I try to prove to him and myself that it means nothing, the harder it is to ignore my feelings. Maybe the biggest mistake wasn’t hooking up again? Maybe it was believing that we could do it again without catching feelings.


********

My Review: 4/5 Stars

Last year, sparks flew between Beck and Talon and led to an amazing night together. But then reality hit Beck with just how hard the school year was going to be. Between classes and studying, baseball, and working, he had no time. And in the chaos he ended up ghosting Talon. Not cool. Beck felt terrible about it and still thinks of Talon despite them never running into one another on campus. But with the new school year, he is sure that once again, he’ll have time for nothing. But then he finds out who his new roommate it… Talon. And while it may be awkward at first, it also makes Beck wonder if he could have a second chance. Meanwhile, Talon was definitely hurt by Beck ignoring him. No one likes to be ghosted by someone they thought they had a connection with. Then fate brings them back together as roommates. Talon doesn’t want his heart to be smashed again. So he’ll do his best to act like their night together wasn’t anything special. And when Beck suggests they hook up again, Talon only has so much willpower. Especially when they get to know one another more. But can he risk his heart again if nothing has truly changed? This is a second chance story for Beck and Talon! There was definitely a connection between these two and I was glad to see they got another chance. Especially after learning that Beck wasn’t an actual jerk and knew he messed up. These two just really needed to be upfront and honest about how they felt! And it was so satisfying to see when they finally took a leap. Another great book in this series for sure!

 I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment