Tuesday, March 5, 2024

Summerville University Book 2: Clash and Burn by Catherine Cloverdale

 

Summerville University Book 2

I work hard and party even harder—but now my rival is making me play hard to get.

I never lose. Whether it’s Summerville U’s highest GPA or beer pong champion, I always come out on top, even if I have to hurt a few feelings. When the pre-law department announces a summer internship for the most-qualified candidate, it’s mine.

Especially when I learn I’m up against my sexy rival:

Alex Vanguard, the basketball-playing frat boy who loves to crawl under my skin. He may have a killer body and a jaw-dropping smile, but the only thing that matters is that he’s competition.

At least until he dares me to kiss him and realize he can be so much more satisfying in my bed than in my way.

Clash and Burn is a steamy college m/m romance and is the second book in the Summerville University series. Each book can be read as a standalone, but is more fun when read in order. Guaranteed happy ending.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/208183803-clash-and-burn

********

My Review: 4/5 Stars

Shane and Alex have been academic rivals since freshman year. There is something about Alex that gets under his skin and he just can’t seem to let it go. And now this year, they have a law class together and things are about to get more interesting when they start competing for the same internship. They are always quick to throw barbs at one another, but sometimes things get a little too heated. And when they try a something new, like hooking up. Well things definitely change. This thing between them is never easy and never easy to define. But when they let their guards down, they realize they may have more in common than either knew. They can see past the masks they put on and it just makes all the difference between them. Shane knows what everyone thinks of him. He has played his part too well in the last few years. His mom’s influence over him as really hardened him and it’s hard for him to show a moment of weakness. But Alex makes him want to drop his guard. I really liked their dynamic. They obviously cared for one another even when they didn’t know how to express that completely. Really enjoyed their story!

No comments:

Post a Comment