Monday, March 25, 2024

Chicago Thunder Hockey Book 2: Off Season by Jodi Oliver

 

Chicago Thunder Hockey Book 2

Ethan

Finding out my ex-fiance is the best man at my cousin’s wedding is the cherry on top of my problems.

I can’t turn up alone, so finding a fake boyfriend is the only option.

My relationship with Jacob isn’t supposed to be real, but he gets me in a way nobody ever has and now I’m questioning everything.

After nearly two decades in the NHL, retirement is nearing and I have no idea who I am outside of hockey.

I need to focus on winning one last Cup, not falling in love.

Jacob

Ethan Parkes became my savior when he offered me a deal that would solve all of my problems. So when he asked me to be his fake boyfriend for a wedding in England, I jumped at the chance.

Besides, so what if I already have a crush on him?

When we give into the chemistry between us, he tells me we only have the off season. But I’m determined to show him that he’s more than just a name on a jersey, even if it could cause my heart a world of hurt.

Off Season is a friends to lovers, grumpy/sunshine hockey romance. With a touch of hurt/comfort, a ten year age gap, interfering teammates and all the found family vibes. It is book two in the Chicago Thunder series and can be read as a standalone.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/201060039-off-season

********

My Review: 5/5 Stars

Ethan has always kept things close to the chest despite being the captain of his NHL team. He has hard time opening up and with good reason with his past. A father who walked out on him and his mom as a kid and then the man he thought he loved left without a word. He’s given hockey everything he has but even he can admit he is a bit lonely. And the idea of going to his cousin’s wedding where he will see his ex? Doesn’t sound like a great time. That is, until a friend suggests taking Jacob with him. Jacob who he definitely feels an attraction to but has yet to do anything about it. Especially that he helped Jacob out with his business. Meanwhile, Jacob has had a big crush on Ethan for a while but knows nothing will come of it. At least, that’s what he believes until Ethan invites him as his fake boyfriend to come to England. And then they spend time together and they give in the chemistry sparking between them. And they even open up to one another more than they ever really have with anyone. Perhaps there could be something. But Jacob also knows how hard it is for Ethan to put his heart on the line. And can he take that risk for Jacob? These two were so sweet. They understood one another very well and bit by bit were able to open up to the other. And you can’t help but cheer for them to take that big leap of faith for the other. Loving this series so far! And I want so many books for a bunch of these characters. I am definitely looking forward to the next one!

No comments:

Post a Comment