Friday, September 15, 2023

Unlucky 13 Book 13: Shattered by Charli Meadows

 

Unlucky 13 Book 13

Welcome to Black Diamond Resort and Spa. . .

Ah. The former child star, throwing a tantrum at the airport until he gets his way. How appropriate. I keep an eye on who comes and goes from my island, but I also keep a low profile, choosing to blend in as one of the regulars. I stay in a villa on the water, like everyone else, and my new neighbor is none other than Jett Roman himself.

The exhausted, entitled brat with the smart mouth and tempting glare resists all help from my staff. He seeks me out daily, venting his frustrations, ignoring all rules. He disrespects my establishment and, unknowingly, me.

I’m a very patient man, but everyone has their limits. I will be gentle with the delicate little doll before me, but he needs to listen. Because it’s clear to everyone else that he’s utterly shattered, and I can’t seem to stop myself from wanting to bend him a little before I heal his broken pieces.

Shattered is the final book in the Unlucky 13 shared world. It is a standalone gay romance. You can expect a light, enemies-to-lovers dynamic with humor, an age gap, hurt/comfort, and a hidden identity. This novel is intended for 18+ readers. See Author’s Note for Content Warnings.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/128190668-shattered

********

My Review: 4/5 Stars

Actor Jett Roman is anything but happy when he realizes that his manager tricked him into going to Black Diamond for the rehab side of the island. Jett may have certain issues but a drug problem isn’t one of them. Especially when the recent incident wasn’t on him. Lucky for him there is someone to help him sort it out. Enter Callum Ryan. A billionaire who owns the island Black Diamond sits on. Not that Jett or most of the people who live and work on the island know that. Cal is instantly drawn to Jett despite Jett’s bratty attitude and the fact that Jett is 21 to Cal’s 38. But the feeling is mutual when Jett looks at Cal. Their humorous and enemies to lover relationship is pretty hilarious as these banter back and forth. But underneath all that snark and wit, these two actually begin to care for one another. And Cal especially finds himself wanting to take care of Jett who seems to have been through quite a lot though he is cagey to reveal any of it. This was a nice end to the series tying in some of my favorite couples from the series. 

No comments:

Post a Comment