Monday, April 10, 2023

Tennessee U Book 1: Saving West by Denver Shaw

Tennessee U Book 1

How far would you go to save someone?

I can't afford distractions.
I've been put on academic probation and I'm one mistake away from being expelled and losing everything I've worked so hard for.
All I want is to make my mother proud and honor her memory by getting my degree.
My plan this semester is to keep my head down, focus on my studies, and stay out of trouble.
But fate is fickle, and it seems like she has other plans when she suddenly dumps him at my feet.
Weston Perkins, the university's star football player.
He's the worst kind of distraction — beautiful and vicious, arrogant and hot as sin, troubled and vulnerable.
I can't bear to be around him, and yet, I can't seem to stay away.
But the more time I spend with him, the more I realize that there is something very wrong with West.
He's harboring a dark secret and desperately needs a friend.
I'm going to help him, even if he doesn't want it, and even if it means putting my future on the line.
Because some things in life are worth getting in trouble for.

Saving West is a slow-burn, emotional, hurt/comfort MM romance with moderate angst and a hard-earned HEA.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/123068990-saving-west

********

My Review: 5/5 Stars

I loved this story! I couldn't put it down. I had to know how everything worked out. Shane hasn't had it easy. His mom passed away not too long ago and when he was accused of cheating on his SATs, no one believed him that it had to be a mistake. All universities denied him and if it wasn't his uncle being the dean at Tennessee U, he wouldn't be getting the education he desperately wants and worked so hard to get. Things only get harder when it seems that all the professors are watching him so closely that even going out ends up being a bad idea. He doesn't have much time to prove otherwise. It also doesn't help that after leaving a meeting with board, he finds himself being taken my campus security. Though in his defense he was actually doing a good deed but when you are in the wrong place at the wrong time and your face is posted as a troublemaker, Shane doesn't expect anything less. But his good deed was actually helping West. West who was unconscious under the bleachers and it wasn't because he was drunk. West has his own secrets. Like the big one where he is hiding his illness from just about everyone. And he is getting worse. Unlucky and yet pretty lucky for him, Shane keeps finding him at his worst and helping him. But West is very push and pull when it comes to Shane and he knows it. Part of him wants to explain to Shane what is happening but the other part of him doesn't want anything to change. It also doesn't help that West is attracted to Shane. The first man he could ever say that about. A bad illness, trying to keep up his grades, trying to make it to the NFL, and an identity crisis? Poor kid can't seem to find a minute to catch up. And for Shane, he can't help but be drawn to West over and over again. Even though he knows it could end it heartbreak. But the pull between these two are so clear. I loved the two of them! This book had it all. Great characters, a slow burn, emotional, hurt and comfort, your emotions are up and down as you watch these two fall in love and face impossible odds! Like I said this story pulled me right in.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment