Wednesday, December 2, 2020

The Company Series Book 2: Loverboy by Sarina Bowen

Loverboy (The Company, #2)
The Company Book 2

Secrets, desires, and exquisite pie. It’s all in a day’s work at The Company.

Growing up, I was the rough guy from the wrong neighborhood who couldn’t catch a break. Posy was the pampered girl I tried to impress. But all she gave me was a single kiss before I had to skip town.
Now I’m back, and the tables are turned. Posy runs a struggling pie shop. I’m the VP of a secretive billion-dollar security company. 
Not that I can tell her.
There’s a murderer on the loose in New York, and he seems to spend a lot of time at Posy’s shop. It’s my job to identify him before he can harm a hair on her pretty head.
Going undercover as Posy’s new barista wasn’t my idea. I don’t even drink coffee. But now I have to call her “boss,” and do everything the curvy perfectionist asks of me. I’d forgotten how much we infuriate each other, and that she somehow fills me with both irritation and desire in the same breath.
There’s nobody more skilled at stealth ops than me. I can bring this killer down. Right after I take a cold shower. And just as soon I figure out how to make a skinny peppermint latte with milk poured in the shape of a kitten... 

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/54585164-loverboy

********

My Review: 5/5 Stars

I am loving this series! Honestly, anything by Sarina Bowen is a good book. So this is the second book in The Company series and it follows Gunnar. The right hand man of Max who is currently in charge of the security group. Gunnar is brought back to New York to help Max with a big mission. Max believes that he has a lead that will lead them to a dangerous man that Max has been after for a very long time. The connections are subtle and possibly just coincidence, but Max doesn't believe so. Either way, Gunnar has his back and will do his job. Yet, this isn't his normal job. One, he has to be a barista and for a guy who doesn't drink coffee, well that's a bit of a problem. And two, the job will be for someone who he hasn't seen in fifteen years. Basically the girl that got away. Posy is having a rough time as it is. She's been divorced a year now to an ex who is a jerk and his young girlfriend. All she wants is to keep her business afloat. And she never expects Gunnar to walk back into her life asking for a job. The chemistry between them has always been there, but when Posy first met Gunnar, she knew she wasn't ready for him just yet. Despite the one amazing kiss they shared. But all these years later she starts to wonder if she can find the confidence to make a move and not miss her chance. I love Gunnar and Posy, such great characters and a great couple. I also love The Company. So intriguing and an excellent set of characters. These books keep you hooked with their spy like mysteries and amazing romance. I couldn't put the book down and I cannot wait for the next one!

No comments:

Post a Comment