Thursday, December 31, 2020

Court of the Sea Fae Book 1: Dark King by C.N. Crawford

Court of the Sea Fae Book 1

 A snarky fae, a sexy king, and forbidden desire deep as the sea. 


Once, I was a fae princess with sea-magic at my fingertips. Now? I’m a hunted supernatural in a squalid shop, stripped of my power. My only comforts are stale cookies, Elvis records, and my hula-hoop. Until a lethally sexy fae king arrives and rips even those away. 

After the brutal king throws me in prison, I strike a bargain with him: my freedom in exchange for helping him find a magic blade. What Lyr doesn’t know is that the blade might restore my stolen magic.

But as we journey, the gorgeous jerk is starting to make me feel things I’ve never felt. When Lyr touches me, desire ignites. I see raging passion in his eyes, too. If I give in, I risk losing my chance at reclaiming my power. Even worse... I could be forfeiting my life.


********

My Review: 3/5 Stars

Aenor is a fae princess in hiding after her kingdom drowned many, many years ago. She spends her time basically as a vigilante. She takes out bad guys and has a magical shop with a human girl she rescued a few years ago. But when two fae assassins come knocking on her door, everything changes. She is able to kill one but turns out the other one is a bit of a demigod and he can’t die. But he isn’t looking to kill her just yet. He needs her help finding a magical artifact. And turns out the artifact connects to her fallen kingdom. Aenor soon realizes that supernaturals have a twisted view of her kingdom. Stories say it was her that destroyed her own kingdom aka not the truth. Aenor remembers someone killing her mother, taking her powers, and drowning the kingdom. Can she convince Lyr, the fae who needs her help, of the truth? And yet there is a lot more going on that it first appears. Definitely an interesting story. I’m a bit curious to the rest of the books.

No comments:

Post a Comment