![]() |
| Redemption Road Book 2 |
Everyone calls me Hollywood because I look like a leading man, but I didn't expect the starring role of single father....
When my ex-girlfriend, Carrie, is injured in an accident, I take sole custody of my two-year-old daughter overnight. I've wanted to be Ruby's father for a long time, but my ex--and her family--haven't forgiven me for going to prison.
This is my chance to get to know Ruby and prove that I've changed. I leap at the chance, even though I've got no idea what I'm doing.
Thankfully, my former best friend Tex shows up and sticks by me. He's a natural with kids and instantly calms the panic setting in. One night of support turns into another and another. Bit by bit, Tex is moving into my life and making himself a second father to Ruby.
But he's bailed on me before. Three months ago, he ran from the feelings growing between us. He couldn't handle the idea of being bisexual.
Now he's here, plucking all of my heartstrings and making me love him all over again. Ruby is head over heels, too. He's everything I want in a partner. For me. For my daughter.
But will Tex return the love this time--or will he break both our hearts?
********
My Review: 5/5 Stars
It’s Hollywood and Tex’s turn! And I’ve been looking forward to their story after we saw the tension between the two of them in the last book. When Tex left Hollywood three months ago, he was hurting in all kinds of ways. He lost his closest friend and someone he thought he could even be more than friends with. But Tex pushed him away and ran. But when Hollywood gets a call that his ex was in a bad car accident and he needs to take care of their daughter, he is shocked to find Tex is back. And he’s back for him. Being part of his daughter’s life is all Hollywood ever wanted and he is going to do everything he can to prove to his ex that he has changed and he can be there for Ruby. But he’ll need some help and he knows it. So he pushes his anger at Tex away. Because Hollywood isn’t the only one who has something to prove. Tex knows he messed up when he left. But he won’t make that mistake again. He wants to be there for Hollywood and for Ruby. He’ll show them that he isn’t going anywhere. Even when his dad makes it hard to shake the guilt of his past. I loved these two! So happy to see them get their happy ending. It was clear from the beginning just how much these two cared for one another and how they’ve been hurting since they’ve been apart. While the circumstances they are in aren’t great, it gives them another chance. A chance to reignite their friendship and take it to the level they both crave. Just another great story all around! And oh man, the hint at the next book looks really good. Can’t wait to see what happens next!
I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

No comments:
Post a Comment