![]() |
| North Point Penalty Gods Book 1 |
Only a Monster can Protect You From Other Monsters.
Ryan
Tate VanCourt decided I belonged to him, and nothing will stop him from making me his. He thinks he’s giving me the deal of a lifetime—anything and everything I want, in exchange for my freedom.
On the surface, Tate’s your friendly neighborhood hockey coach, the demon hiding in plain sight. He has the world eating out of the palm of his hand.
I know what he is, though. He’s darkness. A beautiful kind of dangerous. King of the hockey underworld.
But I already live in my father’s gilded cage, and I want out.
No matter what I do, I can’t seem to escape Tate. And his cage might be the only one that’s safe.
Vicious Butterfly is the first book in a NEW dark MM college hockey series. A spin-off from its prequel, Off-Ice Misconduct, which does not have to be read to enjoy this one!
Ryan
Tate VanCourt decided I belonged to him, and nothing will stop him from making me his. He thinks he’s giving me the deal of a lifetime—anything and everything I want, in exchange for my freedom.
On the surface, Tate’s your friendly neighborhood hockey coach, the demon hiding in plain sight. He has the world eating out of the palm of his hand.
I know what he is, though. He’s darkness. A beautiful kind of dangerous. King of the hockey underworld.
But I already live in my father’s gilded cage, and I want out.
No matter what I do, I can’t seem to escape Tate. And his cage might be the only one that’s safe.
Vicious Butterfly is the first book in a NEW dark MM college hockey series. A spin-off from its prequel, Off-Ice Misconduct, which does not have to be read to enjoy this one!
********
My Review: 4/5 Stars
Ryan has spent years being tortured by his father. It’s left him scarred mentally more than anything. But he’ll suffer through it if it means protecting his brother. But even he isn’t enough sometimes to keep his brother safe. Now, he returns to North Point but his brother is being forced to go as well for school. RYan doesn’t know what to do anymore. He doesn’t know how to protect himself let alone his brother from the monster that is their father. Because how do you fight a monster? Turns out, you need another one. The moment Tate spots Ryan, his obsession tendencies kick in. Tate has his own sources of trauma from his uncle and he has done what he can to blend into society despite his psychopathic traits. He too has his own brother to protect. And he has a promise to fulfill. He needs to marry someone. Good thing he has his target picked. Their connection is animalistic and raw and real. Tate may not know what he is feeling, but he knows he will protect Ryan at all costs. Ryan knows that falling for someone who may not have the ability to love him back is a bad idea, but tell that to his heart. What a rollercoaster with these two! These two have been through so much. You want to rage on their behalves for all they have dealt with. And when it comes down to it, these two were pretty much made for one another. If you are a fan of S. Legend’s dark mm hockey books, you definitely do not want to miss this one! I cannot wait to for book two!
I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

No comments:
Post a Comment