Sunday, October 13, 2024

Hockey Rules Book 0.5: Never Crush on the Captain by Portia Blake

 

Hockey Rules Book 0.5

Vinnie

The unwritten rule in hockey? Never crush on the captain.
Too bad I’m failing at that.
Single dad Evan McAllister is our adored team captain, attractive, and my all-around amazing former best friend. Oh, he’s straight too. That’s less of a positive for me. I’ve been distancing myself to smother my feelings, but that’s only confused him and totally hasn’t worked.
When a concussion leaves Evan needing care, I step in to help him and his daughter Stella. Evan’s not thrilled with me barging back into his life after I ghosted him, and the more we’re thrust into intimate circumstances, the harder it is for me to keep from blurting my secret.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/220280801-rule-5

********

My Review: 4/5 Stars

Vinnie has been in love with his best friend, and hockey captain, for a while now. But knowing that his best friend will never feel the same, becomes too painful. So he felt he had no choice but to pull away. Evan doesn’t know what he did to cause Vinnie to stop hanging out with him. But he does miss his best friend underneath the bit of anger still lurking. And when Evan gets a bad concussion on the ice, Vinnie can’t help but volunteer to take care of him and his daughter, Stella. Because even if it hurts to be near Evan, he still can’t help but want to protect him and care for him. Their time together begins opening Evan’s eyes to how he sees his former best friend. That there is a connection to him that is deeper than just friendship. And when Vinnie finally admits the truth to him, Evan knows what has been missing. But will they be brave enough to truly open themselves up to one another? And the world? These two were very sweet. This was a great way to kick off this series. It’s clearly how much they mean to one another and you are just waiting for them to take that leap of faith. I think this is going to be a fun series!

No comments:

Post a Comment