Saturday, March 18, 2023

Bainbridge University Book 4: Undeniable by Andi Burns

Bainbridge University Book 4

Some things are easy to hide, but some truths are undeniable.

Booker

I follow the rules. It’s what I do. In school, at church, on the ice, and definitely at home. Because if I follow all the rules, and do everything exactly the way I’m supposed to, no one will see everything I’m trying so damn hard to hide.

But he sees. No matter how good I think I am at playing it cool, at staying under the radar (gaydar?!), Ian sees me. It’s like he understands my head and my heart better than I do. And I can’t risk that. I can’t risk letting him see who I really am and what I really want.

Because no matter how much I want it, I can’t have it.

But I can’t escape him, either. All of our friends are coupled up, and he’s the TA in my Human Sexuality class. So, the first thing on my to-do list is to drop that class. And the second is stop crushing on Ian McBride.

Undeniable is a full-length M/M romance with a lovable jock, a sexy know-it-all, and lots of steam. It is the fourth inter-connected STANDALONE in the Bainbridge University Series and it follows Uncovered, Unknown, and Uninhibited. They are all standalones, but for the best reader experience, they should be read in order.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/59687022-undeniable

********

My Review: 5/5 Stars

So I have to start off with saying that I'm breaking my rule of reading things in order and reading this one first. And before you think I'm crazy, I have a good reason! Cause I do truly hate reading things out of order LOL. So I received an ARC of Andi Burns's newest book Scoring Chance. I saw hockey and romance and having read her Moo U Hockey book, I jumped for a chance to read it. But after opening I learned that it was part of the Bainbridge University books. And with the book only days away from coming out, I didn't think I would have time to read all of Bainbridge University books before reading Scoring Chance on time before it released. I also chose to at least read book 4 of BU because when I saw the character list in Scoring Chance it mentioned Booker. So I figured I could at least read his story. And reading his story, I could definitely tell I missed things from the previous books, but with the focus on Booker and Ian, I still enjoyed the story and you don't feel lost. You just know that you aren't getting everyone's stories but you don't get too spoiled either. And it also just means I'll have to go back and read the rest later.

So! Now to my review about Booker and Ian's story! Even without their background and cameos I know are definitely in the rest of the series, I still loved their story and felt like I wasn't truly missing anything about them. Booker has been following the rules all his life. Despite the fact that in doing so, he is giving up some of his dreams and who he is along the way. He just doesn't see a way out at the moment or even something worth fighting for to finally be brave and stand up to his awful dad so he can live his life the way he wants. That is, until he finally acknowledges Ian. Ian who has become his friend in the past months and who he is realizing he is very attractive to. Something that hasn't really happened for him. But Ian wakes him up. And once he is awake and ready to finally stop burying who he is, Booker can finally be happy. Ian on the other hand has had a crush on Booker for a while. But never imagined the chance of something happening between them. But when Booker is in the class Ian is TAing in and they start to see one another more and more, Ian's feelings only grow. There are plenty of obstacles along the way. Whether it's outside stuff or just their own inner issues. But these two were just so cute, you can't help but cheer for them. They both grow as people as they fall more and more in love. I loved their story and I definitely want to go back and read previous books. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment