Sunday, April 3, 2022

Darkmore Penitentiary Book 3: Feral Wolf by Caroline Peckham & Susanne Valenti

Feral Wolf (Darkmore Penitentiary, #3)
Darkmore Penitentiary Book 3


A morte e ritorno.

My family’s motto circles in my mind as I look this problem dead on and try to figure it out.

I’ve faced worse than this. Survived worse odds than this. I won’t let this failure break me.

We have 72 hours to turn this around.

72 hours to make a new plan out of the dregs of the old.

72 hours until all hope is lost.

This task is impossible, but I still like my chances. I have an ace in my pocket and his name is Mason Cain. He might not want to help me, but I don’t plan on giving him a choice in the matter.

My name is Rosalie Oscura. And I refuse to let anything beat me.

This series is set in the world of Solaria five years after Zodiac Academy and ten years after Dark Fae and book one was previously published as Darkmore Penitentiary. There is some character crossover but all series can be read independent of each other without spoilers. The female lead will end up with more than one love interest.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/55618681-feral-wolf

*********

My Review: 4/5 Stars

So I knew to expect some crazy cliffhanger ending on this story. Knew it would probably be pretty bad. But I did not expect it to be THAT bad! Ugh. Super mad about that ending. So this story picks up right after the previous one. Rosalie and the gang have about 72 hours to come up with a final escape plan or they will never be getting out of Darkmore and higher chances of them being dead. It's less than 72 hours of crazy and chaos. Rosalie's small advantage is having Cain with her, Roary, Ethan, and Sin. It's just convincing him to help that is the problem. The whole prison is in chaos after Rosalie's last plan falling. And it is only a matter of time before the FIB get involved. But until then, it is up to the guards to control the prison. But that isn't really happening. So Rosalie and everyone must come up with plans B, C, D, and let's just say it keeps going. Some good things in this book that happen. Like Rosa and Roary finally getting what they deserve. Getting more info on Cain. Even nice peeks of some beloved characters on the outside. But that ending. Yeah, not thrilled with it. It went from okay that is really bad, we'll see what happens next to oh my god, no, no, no. How is anyone coming back from that??? Yeah, I don't know what is going to go down next book after that. And despite how mad it made me, I need to know how everything plays out. Trusting the authors on this! Though from what I learned about the world of Solaria and all the books that have taken place in it, there is a ton of bad before any well good happiness can come to light. So we'll have to wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment