Saturday, April 2, 2022

Darkmore Penitentiary Book 2: Alpha Wolf by Caroline Peckham & Susanne Valenti

Alpha Wolf (Darkmore Penitentiary, #2)
Darkmore Penitentiary Book 2

I came here with a single goal in mind.
An aim.
A purpose.
I will break out of Darkmore Penitentiary.

But I was a fool to think that it would be so simple.

And now with more and more Fae relying on me to get them out of this slice of hell, I find myself unable to do a damn thing.

Mason Cain stabbed me in the back and left me to rot in the dark. So now I have another goal in mind before I escape this place, because no one messes with the Queen of the Oscura Clan and lives to tell the tale. The moment I get out of here, my sights will be set on him.

Between the four alpha males luring me in, the psychopaths trying to kill me and the monster roaming the halls at night, I have my hands full in here.

But one thing is for sure.

I’m not throwing my life away in this place. So I’ll do whatever it takes to escape.

This is a dark, hot paranormal romance series where the main character will end up with more than one male love interest. The series is set in the same world as Zodiac Academy and Dark Fae, with some character cross-over but each series can be read without having read the other series. This book was previously published as Darkmore Penitentiary 2: Captive Fae. 

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/58272634-alpha-wolf

********

My Review: 5/5 Stars

Rosalie's plans to escape may have been delayed when Cain betrayed after saving his life, but she isn't giving up. She has no plans to stay in Darkmore and she certainly isn't breaking her promise to get Roary out of there. She just has to make a few adjustments. Pure chaos comes out of this book. Rosalie's anger toward Cain leads to her magic reacting and putting a curse on him. And Cain is still fighting his pull toward Rosalie and the curse is only making things worse. Sin is as crazy as ever but is just another guy drawn to Rosalie and the only way they escape is if he comes too. Roary is still fighting his feelings toward Rosa but for the first time in a long time has hope of escaping Darkmore and knowing he'll see his brother on the other side. And that Rosa will be right there with him. Ethan can't fight the pull of his mate bond with Rosalie but he knows that he can't tell anyone about it. Word of a Lunar and an Oscura together will bring chaos and death to the gangs. He won't betray his people but he hates to hurt his mate. Rosalie may be juggling a few guys in this prison of hell but she'll do what she can to stay focused on the plan. And an opportunity has them closer than ever to escape. But with all escape plans nothing ever goes according to plan. 

These characters honestly get better and better. I can't decide whose point of view is better because they all bring something different to the table. The trouble they all get into is hilarious and crazy. And that ending was insane! So much happened in this book. Secrets about Darkmore were slowly revealed and I know will definitely continue to be a problem late. And like I said an ending that was just purely chaotic and leaving our characters to scramble once more with a plan. Have no idea what is gonna go down in the next book. Though I've seen reviews where people are begging for book 4, so I have to imagine something big goes down. Can't wait to find out for myself!


No comments:

Post a Comment