Friday, August 20, 2021

The Hidden King Book 1: Dragon Mate by Jen L. Grey

Dragon Mate (The Hidden King #1)
Hidden King Book 1

Sometimes, survival depends on not being seen.

I should know. That’s the only way I’ve survived. Getting accepted into a prestigious university was my chance at freedom; to escape and live without fear and resentment.

And with no emotional attachments--or at least that was the plan.

Until I see Egan.

He’s sexy, mysterious, and has muscles in all the right places. He invokes feelings I don’t want or understand.


The more he shows up, the harder of a time I have remembering why staying away from him was a good idea. But he brings deep, dark secrets that alter my entire world.


Monsters exist. Witches cast spells. And animals may be human after all.


I either embrace fate and enter a strange new world full of risks like never before or walk away.


Maybe, I'm destined for heartache because sometimes, love isn't worth what it costs to fall.


If you can't get enough of books by Patricia Briggs, Ilona Andrews, K.F. Breene, Kelly St. Claire, Shannon Mayer, Leia Stone, and Jaymin Eve, then you'll love this paranormal romance.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/58677203-dragon-mate

********

My Review: 5/5 Stars 

Egan was a character I really liked in the Wolf Born Trilogy, so when I saw he was getting a series, I decided I had to read it. And this one was definitely a favorite of mine by Jen L. Grey. For the first time, I really liked the heroine. In past books by Grey I was iffy about them, but Jade is different and I'm looking forward to more books with her. So this book follows Jade's point of view. She ran from her mother and super abusive aunt to go to college. She is on her own and ready to be independent and hopefully find a safe place. She doesn't expect to find that being safe means being with Egan. Her connection to Egan is something she can't describe. Being with him and staying with him both scares and hurts her. She doesn't want to depend on anyone and with Egan she can see herself falling hard and fast for him. But she isn't alone in her feelings, Egan feels it too. And while she tries to figure out why she feels this way, something is happening on campus. Women are disappearing and ending up dead. Jade is about to enter a world she didn't know existed. Question is, can she handle it? I really did like this one. It was nice seeing characters from the series before. That group I loved and I'm glad they are sticking around. And Jade is a great addition to their group. Great story and a cliffhanger that left me hanging. Which I've learned is common with Grey's books. Can't wait for the next one!

No comments:

Post a Comment