Tuesday, August 11, 2020

True North Series Book 7: Heartland by Sarina Bowen

True North Book 7

An emotional friends to lovers romance full of risky secrets and late-night lessons in seduction.

Dylan is my best friend, and the only person in my life who understands me. He doesn’t mind my social awkwardness or my weird history. The only glitch? He doesn’t know that I’ve been hopelessly, desperately in love with him since the first day we picked apples together in his family’s orchard.

But I know better than to confess.

Now that we’re both in college together, I’m seeing a new side of him. College Dylan drinks and has a lot of sex. None of it with me.

Until the night I foolishly ask him to tutor me in more than algebra…and he actually says yes.

But the cool morning light shows me how badly I’ve endangered our friendship. And I don’t know if anything will be the same again. 

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/49110367-heartland

********

My Review: 5/5 Stars

I made it to the most recent book of the True North series (both yay and nooo! at the same time). Dylan's turn and I don't know why I didn't realize that the heroine in this book was Chastity. Probably because the back of the book doesn't actually say her name... either way it was a nice surprise to see her name on page one! We met Chastity for the first time in Zach's book. She was another runaway and survivor of their crazy cult. Now two years later, she has a better sense of the world and is even attending college. Another thing that happened? She's in love with her best friend Dylan and he has no idea. Dylan hasn't had it that easy either. He was the one who found his dad when he died of a heart attack and he has carried guilt all these years for not being there. He's done a good job of hiding what he really feels and doesn't make promises. At least the kind of promises when it comes to love and relationships. But the chemistry between Dylan and Chastity is an epic surprise to both of them. And it takes them a bit to figure out what that means. I loved their story. They're just two college kids who are older than their years and have been through a lot. Though it helps when they know one another so well and just truly understand the other. Again, loved their story and I can't wait to read the next one whenever that one comes out! Hopefully very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment