Monday, August 24, 2020

Crave Series Book 1: Crave by Tracy Wolff

Crave Book 1

My whole world changed when I stepped inside the academy. Nothing is right about this place or the other students in it. Here I am, a mere mortal among gods…or monsters. I still can’t decide which of these warring factions I belong to, if I belong at all. I only know the one thing that unites them is their hatred of me.

Then there’s Jaxon Vega. A vampire with deadly secrets who hasn’t felt anything for a hundred years. But there’s something about him that calls to me, something broken in him that somehow fits with what’s broken in me.

Which could spell death for us all.

Because Jaxon walled himself off for a reason. And now someone wants to wake a sleeping monster, and I’m wondering if I was brought here intentionally—as the bait.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/45892228-crave

********

My Review: 5/5 Stars

I loved this book. The best part was that it took me by surprise when it came to loving it. Months ago, I must have seen something about this book on a Facebook book group. I'm sure someone raved about it and I must have looked it up and decided huh, I'll request it from the library. Then I get a call from the library the other day that the book is in and I'm like cool. Don't remember what this book is about, but based on cover probably vampires. Awesome. It's on my desk for a while cause I was reading other books. Then I pick it up yesterday thinking I better try this because better to know now if I like it or not. And after a pages or so, I'm hooked. I'm thinking huh, this is actually intriguing, let's see where this is going and then next thing I knew i was sucked in and read probably half the book in one night. And then the rest today. It was amazing and I cannot wait for book 2! So after Grace loses her parents, her uncle takes her in and she moves to Alaska where her uncle is the headmaster and her cousin is a student. Though Grace may not understand exactly what is going on at the school, she knows there is something different about it. And her arrival brings on a whole lot of chaos. Her life is constantly put in danger. She can't understand the different groups of the school just yet. And she is attracted to the most dangerous person at the school: Jaxon. The attraction between them is absolute despite his hot and cold attitude that warns her to stay away. There was just so much to this book. Loved the magic creatures we got to see. Loved the overall role of magic. Loved the romance between Grace and Jaxon. The interesting characters and the many, many twists and turns to this story. The ending especially was a shock. Seriously recommend and I can't wait for more.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment