Thursday, November 21, 2019

The Folk of the Air Series Book 3: The Queen of Nothing by Holly Black

The Queen of Nothing (The Folk of the Air, #3)
The Folk of the Air Series Book 3
After being pronounced Queen of Faerie and then abruptly exiled by the Wicked King Cardan, Jude finds herself unmoored, the queen of nothing. She spends her time with Vivi and Oak, watches her fair share of reality television, and does the odd job or two, including trying to convince a cannibalistic faerie from hunting her own in the mortal world.

When her twin sister Taryn shows up asking of a favor, Jude jumps at the chance to return to the Faerie world, even if it means facing Cardan, who she loves despite his betrayal.

When a dark curse is unveiled, Jude must become the first mortal Queen of Faerie and uncover how to break the curse, or risk upsetting the balance of the whole Faerie world.


The finale to the New York Times bestselling Folk of Air trilogy, that started with The Cruel Prince and The Wicked King, from award-winning author Holly Black.


********

My Review: 5/5 Stars

Was so freaking excited for this book, especially after I had finished The Wicked King. And it did not disappoint!!! Absolutely loved this conclusion to the Folk of Air trilogy. It was just that good. With the way The Wicked King ended, the need for The Queen of Nothing was a must. I wanted Jude to get her butt back to Faerie. I wanted to see her and Cardan's reunion. And I wanted them to finally defeat Madoc. And every bit of this book, beginning to end, was just what I wanted. I don't want to spoil, but if you loved the previous books you will definitely love this last one. Lots of questions are answered and it gives such a sweet ending to the story. One thing I love about these books are the Faerie riddles. You try to solve it and no matter how much you think you understand, you truly don't until the end, which is great. It's not predictable. And this book and series was definitely not predictable. I was super satisfied with this book and this series. I'm so sad to see that it is over. I really hope Holly Black will dive back into this world she created. 

No comments:

Post a Comment