Thursday, September 26, 2019

Echoes Between Us by Katie McGarry

Echoes Between Us

Veronica sees ghosts. More specifically, her mother's ghost. The afterimages of blinding migraines caused by the brain tumor that keeps her on the fringes and consumes her whole life haunt her, even as she wonders if it's something more...

Golden boy Sawyer is handsome and popular, a state champion swimmer, but his adrenaline addiction draws him to Veronica.

A girl with nothing to live for and a boy with everything to lose--can they conquer their demons together?


********

My Review: 5/5 Stars

I'm never disappointed in Katie McGarry's books and this one just proves that statement is even more true. Another fantastic book in her collection. And silly me, didn't realize before that Veronica is our V from Only a Breath Apart. As soon as I saw Jesse's and Scarlett's names it clicked. I was like duh, no wonder she is familiar! And it made me wish I re-read Only a Breath Apart so that I remembered everything about V. But it was okay, because as I read things started clicking. So Veronica and Sawyer's story, just wow! So many emotions with this one. Lot of difficult topics were tackled in this book and McGarry did it beautifully. Really, really fantastic. With Veronica's brain tumor and feeling like Death wherever she went and Sawyer's adrenaline addiction, you would think that throwing them together would immediately equal disaster. It didn't. And I was glad. I was glad to see that instead of their flaws and issues hurting one another and making a relationship between them impossible, it really had them acknowledging their issues and supporting one another. There wasn't hostility toward one another or throwing their issues in the other's face to harm them. It was, this is what is should be when two people love one another and only want to help the other, even when your own life is collapsing. And those two specific issues were just pieces of many others that are tackled in their stories. I was hooked from the moment I started it. I couldn't put this book down. I wanted to know how they would make it through their story, what their outcome would be, and how would they get there. If you love her other books, this one needs to be on your TBR list. It doesn't disappoint. I loved Veronica and Sawyer's story and like all good books, I'm sad to see it over. 

I received an ARC for an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment