Sunday, November 25, 2018

Night Prince Novel Book 1: Once Burned by Jeaniene Frost

Once Burned (Night Prince, #1)
Night Prince Novel Book 1
She's a mortal with dark powers...

After a tragic accident scarred her body and destroyed her dreams, Leila never imagined that the worst was still to come: terrifying powers that let her channel electricity and learn a person's darkest secrets through a single touch. Leila is doomed to a life of solitude...until creatures of the night kidnap her, forcing her to reach out with a telepathic distress call to the world's most infamous vampire...

He's the Prince of Night...

Vlad Tepesh inspired the greatest vampire legend of all—but whatever you do, don't call him Dracula. Vlad's ability to control fire makes him one of the most feared vampires in existence, but his enemies have found a new weapon against him—a beautiful mortal with powers to match his own. When Vlad and Leila meet, however, passion ignites between them, threatening to consume them both. It will take everything that they are to stop an enemy intent on bringing them down in flames. 


********

My Review: 5/5 Stars

So this is my second time reading this book and I have to say what a difference a re-read does! So I had read the Night Prince series a few years ago without reading anything else in the Night Huntress Universe. Which I learned later the Night Prince series was a spin-off to it. Reading it that first time, there was a part of me that felt like I was missing some important information, especially when it came to the characters. Vlad was introduced early in Night Huntress series that follows Cat and Bones's story. We get to know him in those books, so I saw him in an entirely new light when I decided to read all the books that are in this "universe" and in the order Jeaniene Frost intended. I picked up a lot more, like the fact that Cat and Bones made a brief appearance along with Mencheres and Kira. And like I said, I could see Vlad in a new light because the first time I read the books I didn't really understand him the way I was supposed to. Knowing so much about his character from the Night Huntress series helped a lot. So my advice, read the Night Huntress Universe books in the order Jeaniene Frost intended. Night Huntress, Night Prince, Night Huntress Universe, and the newest addition Night Rebels. It makes it so much better. 

So with that said, book 1 was so much better than I remembered. We get a kick ass lead in Leila who has psychometry and electrifying abilities and finds her match in Vlad who can handle all the powers she can throw at him. In this book, Leila is kidnapped by a group of vampires who are enemies of Vlad. Leila is able to use her abilities to contact Vlad and they form an alliance of sorts. Protection for Leila in exchange for help finding the vampire responsible in attacking Leila and Vlad. But an alliance isn't all they get. They have a chemistry that is off the charts and despite Vlad's insistence of never being able to love someone, Leila finds herself falling for him anyway. Action, vampires, romance, and a whole lot of supernatural, Once Burned is a great beginning to Vlad's books.

No comments:

Post a Comment