Monday, October 4, 2021

All for the Game Book 3: The King's Men by Nora Sakavic

The King's Men (All for the Game, #3)
All for the Game Book 3

Neil Josten is out of time. He knew when he came to PSU he wouldn't survive the year, but with his death right around the corner he's got more reasons than ever to live.

Befriending the Foxes was inadvisable. Kissing one is unthinkable. Neil should know better than to get involved with anyone this close to the end, but Andrew's never been the easiest person to walk away from. If they both say it doesn't mean anything, maybe Neil won't regret losing it, but the one person Neil can't lie to is himself.

He's got promises to keep and a team to get to championships if he can just outrun Riko a little longer, but Riko's not the only monster in Neil's life. The truth might get them all killed—or be Neil's one shot at getting out of this alive.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/23594461-the-king-s-men

********

My Review: 5/5 Stars 

I love when a book or series surprises you when you realize how much you like it. I wasn't sure how I would feel about this series when I started. A little out of my normal go tos, but it came up on my radar because of books I've read and loved. And it was a delightful surprise to be sucked into the story and watch it get better and better with each page, with each book. This final book in the series was incredible. So much happened. There were so many highs and lows. Twists and turns. And I was helpless. I couldn't put it down until I finished. This third book picks up a few days after the last one. And if you read book 2 you know that Neil wasn't in the best place. He survived winter break but at a deep physical and emotional cost. Every day he is getting closer to when he is either taken out for good because he knows he can no longer run without being found. And the truth of the matter is, he doesn't want to run. Not from this family he built with the Foxes. He may have run from attachments, but he can't help it with his team. And not only that but something is starting between Neil and Andrew. Something Neil never expected but is starting to realize he isn't willing to let go. He wants to find a way to have it all. The championships, his family, his future. But it won't be easy. The horror from winter break was just beginning. Not when there is another monster after Neil as well. The past will claim him and it will take everything he has to survive. And if he does, maybe he'll still have a family to turn to. The secrets and lies are running out and are about to be exposed. Loved this one. Like I said, I couldn't put it down. I had to know what would happen to Neil, Andrew, and the rest of the Foxes. I wanted to know if everyone would survive, would Neil be able to get past the horrors, and if they would win the championship. This final book in the series does not disappoint! 

No comments:

Post a Comment