Monday, May 11, 2020

The Southern Gentleman Book 1: Hissy Fit by Lani Lynn Vale

The Southern Gentleman Book 1
He is the one that never looks her way.
He is handsome and strong.
He is rough around the edges and mean.
He is everything she’s ever wanted.
He doesn’t even know she exists.
Her life is a joke.

She doesn’t step on cracks in the sidewalk.
She laughs at inappropriate times.
She talks when she shouldn’t.
She is clumsy and trips on air.
She is finally on his radar.
God help her now.


********

My Review: 4/5 Stars

So let me start off saying, this book was actually hilarious. Raleigh is the epitome of being clumsy and awkward. I thought I read some books with a clumsy character, but she has them all beat. If you think things can't get worse, they do. I kept them oh man I would be mortified, it can't get worse right? Wrong. It did. Every single time. I was laughing so hard. Raleigh has always felt invisible. Always has. She wasn't popular in high school and that hasn't changed throughout the years. She has remained in the background and has watched from afar the boy she has always had a crush on since high school and who now works at the same school as her continues not to realize she exists. That is until an encounter at the grocery leaves her with wrapping paper everywhere that nearly takes out everyone in the aisle, a bloody nose, and the man she has been crushing on since forever in her wake. Ezra may have not noticed Raleigh before, but he certainly notices now. And the interest sparks more once he realizes that she is the one taking over his health class this year. Raleigh continues to be a klutz and Ezra becomes more intrigued, especially when he starts to see past her shy and klutzy exterior. He sees a woman that he wished he he noticed a lot earlier. The story was actually really sweet when I wasn't laughing my butt off over Raleigh's antics. And it had a lot of deeper meaning in the side plots. While we see a relationship blooming between Raleigh and Ezra, there is a lot of other things that are going on. I was super intrigued with the story and couldn't put it down. For those deeper story lines and for the fact that I couldn't wait to see what happened to Raleigh next and if she would make it through the book in one piece. I saw that there is another book in the series and I think I will be definitely checking it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment