Friday, August 9, 2019

Dance of Thieves Series Book 2: Vow of Thieves by Mary E. Pearson

Vow of Thieves (Dance of Thieves, #2)
Dance of Thieves Book 2
Kazi and Jase have survived, stronger and more in love than ever. Their new life now lies before them―the Ballengers will be outlaws no longer, Tor's Watch will be a kingdom, and the two of them will meet all challenges side by side, together at last.

But an ominous warning mars their journey back, and in their rush to return to Tor's Watch, just outside the fortress walls, they are violently attacked and torn apart―and each is thrust into their own new hell.

Unsure whether the other is alive or dead, Kazi and Jase must keep their wits among their greatest enemies and unlikeliest allies. And all the while, Death watches and waits.


********

My Review: 5/5 Stars

Amazing. Brilliant. Just overall fantastic. I felt like I was in a book slump and this one sparked me back to life. The sequel to Dance of Thieves and the spin-off duology to the Remnant Chronicles, Vow of Thieves is probably my favorite from the series. It was just that good. Though I will admit it pained me a bit because we finally had Kazi and Jase together and happy but when they arrive at Tor's Watch, their home isn't how they left it and soon they are ripped apart. Which of course had me yelling, "No!" for a majority of the book because I was waiting for them to be reunited. But the motivation to find the page where they were reunited and what was happening in the story, the challenges Kazi and Jase were facing as they fought hard to find one another again, just pulled me in. I couldn't put the book down. This world Pearson created is just so fascinating and interesting. The characters are ones you care deeply for. Kazi and Jase are just fantastic main characters but their family, friends, and even enemies are super intriguing as well. An overall great story that with every plot twist and new revelation you find yourself unable to pull away, demanding to know how the story ends. I'm sad it's over. I loved these new characters and visits from the older characters we first met in the Remnant Chronicles. My hope is that Pearson will revisit this world again, because there is just so much that can be done. Great, great book! 

No comments:

Post a Comment