Sunday, September 30, 2018

The Fallen Isles Trilogy Book 2: As She Ascends by Jodi Meadows

As She Ascends (Fallen Isles, #2)
The Fallen Isles Trilogy Book 2
MIRA, THE HOPEBEARER
Mira Minkoba is on the run with her friends after a fiery escape from the Pit, where she’d been imprisoned for defending the dragons she loves. And she wants answers. Where have all the dragons been taken? Why are powerful noorestones being shipped to the mainland? And did the treaty she’s been defending her whole life truly sell out the Fallen Isles to their enemies?

MIRA, THE DRAGONHEARTED
As her connection to the dragons—and their power—grows stronger, so does Mira’s fear that she might lose control and hurt someone she loves. But the only way to find the truth is to go home again, to Damina, to face the people who betrayed her and the parents she’s not sure she can trust.

Home, where she must rise above her fears. Or be consumed.

The second page-turning novel in Jodi Meadows’ Fallen Isles trilogy scorches with mysterious magic and riveting romance as one girl kindles a spark into a flame. 


********

My Review: 4/5 Stars

I'll admit, getting into this book was a little hard. However, I think that was mostly because it's been a year since I read the first one. What I should have done was re-read that first book before starting As She Ascends. That way it was fresh and I remembered what had happened and who everyone was. As I was reading it slowly came back to me in terms of who is who and what had happened. Despite that, I will say the beginning of the book was a bit slow for me. It wasn't until later in the story where it picked up and next thing I knew I was at the end and ready for more. I really enjoyed reading As She Ascends. It was nice to dive back into this world. And it was nice to see Mira find her courage and her voice. Mira is stronger than she knows and it was nice to see her finally push back and fight for what she wants. Lots of action and truths are revealed about the Fallen Isles and the Mira Treaty. And of course dragons! Who doesn't love dragons? Especially, Mira's Lala? If you enjoyed the first book, then this one does not disappoint! I'm looking forward to the final book next year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment