Thursday, September 24, 2020

Crave Series Book 2: Crush by Tracy Wolff

Crush
Crave Book 2

Everything feels off—especially me. I’ve returned to Katmere Academy, but I’m haunted by fragments of days I have no recollection of living and struggling to understand who, or what, I really am.

Just when I start to feel safe again, Hudson is back with a vengeance. He insists there are secrets I don’t know about, threatening to drive a wedge between Jaxon and me forever. But far worse enemies are at our doorstep.

The Circle is caught in a power play and the Vampire Court is trying to drag me out of my world and into theirs. The only thing Hudson and Jaxon agree on is that leaving Katmere would mean my certain death.

And not only am I fighting for my life, but now everyone else’s is at stake—unless we can defeat an unspeakable evil. All I know is that saving the people I love is going to require sacrifice.

Maybe more than I’m able to give.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/52778479-crush

********

My Review: 5/5 Stars

Wow. So much to unpack after reading that book. So much happened. And so many questions are still running through my head. Gonna try and do this review with the least amount of spoilers possible, but I will still mark the review with spoilers because even though key things are revealed early, I don't want to not warn anyone. Gonna be tricky cause dang this was a lot. So Grace returns to Katmere and when I say returns, I mean she finds a way to turn back into her human form after being a gargoyle. But there are some unexpected things for Grace. The first being that she has been gone for months and she has no memory of her time being gone. She still thinks it was two days since the incident with Lia. So the girl has lost some time. And the other thing everyone is wondering, what happened to Hudson? And (sorry spoiler!) turns out Hudson is now stuck in her head. Yep, he is just chilling there talking to Grace. And she is the only one who could hear and see him. So the story really centers around finding a way to get Hudson out of her head. And together with Jaxon and her friends, they have a plan that involves finding some magical objects. The objects aren't easy to obtain and that is just one layer of the story. Another big thing that goes on is Grace trying to figure out her gargoyle side. That was definitely neat to see the the author play with gargoyle mythology. But one of the most intriguing threads to this story is Hudson. In the last book we knew him as the villain. But as one of my favorite quotes goes, there are three sides to every story. Two sides and the truth that lies somewhere in the middle. And as Grace and Hudson interact with one another, you can't help but wonder what his side is. 

So, I will admit I had a lot of ups and downs with this book. Getting a little annoyed at some things but was still intrigued. Ugh, there are just a couple of things I wasn't a fan of but by the end and maybe the next book can change my mind about these things. This I definitely won't spoil. I had some theories as I was reading the story and some proved right. But I was still left with a ton of questions. And of course, there is yet another bit of a cliffhanger. Overall, I really did like the book. I mean I finished the 700 page monster in barely two days. I appreciate it being super long and that there are going to be two more books. I really need to know how certain things will play out. I'm definitely looking forward to the next one!

No comments:

Post a Comment