Tuesday, July 24, 2018

To All the Boys I've Loved Before Book 2: P.S. I Still Love You by Jenny Han

P.S. I Still Love You (To All the Boys I've Loved Before, #2)
Book 2

Lara Jean didn’t expect to really fall for Peter.

She and Peter were just pretending. Except suddenly they weren’t. Now Lara Jean is more confused than ever.
When another boy from her past returns to her life, Lara Jean’s feelings for him return too. Can a girl be in love with two boys at once?




In this charming and heartfelt sequel to the New York Times bestseller To All the Boys I've Loved Before, we see first love through the eyes of the unforgettable Lara Jean. Love is never easy, but maybe that’s part of what makes it so amazing.



********

My Review: 5/5 Stars

So I finished To All the Boys I've Loved Before earlier today. Sat down and wrote a review and then hours later,  I finished with the second one. Am I a bit nuts? Yup. Was the book that good? Absolutely. I'm surprised to how much I really am enjoying this series and super happy (and sad) that I have one more to go. So what happens in the sequel? Well, it picks up right after the first one. Lara Jean realizes she really does have strong feelings for Peter and isn't ready to say goodbye. So she does what she does best. She writes him a letter. With her sisters' encouragement she goes to his house and is about to tell him how she feels but...kind of chickens out. Lucky for her Peter knows her a bit better than that and can see past her mask of just wanting to be friends. And it kind of helps that he can hear her crumbling a piece of paper in her pocket. Their reunion is sweet and they are willing to try and be a couple for real this time. But like all relationships, they aren't so easy. And let's face it, there needs to be a bit of drama to keep the story going. With a bit of scandalous level cyber bullying, Jenny Han hits an important issue in high school. The issue threatens Lara Jean and Peter's relationship, but what really puts it in danger is that Lara Jean can't help but feel that Peter could still not be over his horrible ex (and yes, she is pretty horrible. But again, high school. There is always a mean girl, but then again can’t judge too harshly cause everyone has heir baggage and a difference way of reacting when hurt). And then the third layer of drama comes when Lara Jean's final letter comes back with not just a response but the boy himself! Clearly, Laura Jean's high school is a bit more crazy than mine was. But the most important part of these stories is that it teaches the characters to grow and begin to figure out who they are. They experience first loves and first heartbreaks. They gain friendships and lose some. And in the end, when you realize what you want and who you want to me, you truly have grown and go after what you truly want. 

Again another great read and I clearly loved it if I sat down and read it in one sitting. I'm ready to jump into the third one. Highly recommend this fun series and I haven't even started the third one yet! But something tells me it will be just as great as the first two.



No comments:

Post a Comment