Friday, March 15, 2019

Dark Shores by Danielle L. Jensen

Dark Shores (Dark Shores, #1)
Dark Shores Book 1
A PIRATE WITH A WILL OF IRON
Teriana is the second mate of the Quincense, a ship beholden to the Goddess of the Seas. Her people are born of the waves, and they alone know how to cross the impassable oceans between East and West. 

A SOLDIER WITH A SECRET
Marcus is the commander of the Thirty-Seventh, the notorious legion that has led the Celendor Empire to conquer the entire East. The legion is his only family, and even they don't know the secret he's been hiding since childhood.

A DANGEROUS QUEST
When a power-hungry ruler captures Teriana's crew and threatens to reveal Marcus's secret unless they help him conquer the unknown West, the two are forced into an unlikely–and unwilling– alliance. They unite for the sake of their families, but both must decide how far they are willing to go, and how much they are willing to sacrifice.


********

My Review: 4/5 Stars

I really love Danielle L. Jensen's writing. I remember when I picked up Stolen Songbird and I was so surprised by how much I loved it. So when she announced she was writing a book that was inspired by Roman culture and had pirates! I was super excited. So I will admit that this book started off a bit slow for me. There was a lot of information and the action wasn't picking up as much as I wanted it to. However, I stuck with it. Because I had a gut feeling it would get better. And I'm happy to say it did! The story is told between Teriana and Marcus. Both are forced into this unlikely and unwilling alliance. And though Teriana knows Marcus is her enemy, in the end he will always be her enemy, the pull she feels toward him is hard to ignore. Meanwhile, Marcus is pulled to Teriana in the same way. He built walls inside him because he knew the dangers of caring for someone. Yet, Teriana threatens to tear those walls down every moment she is with him. Thrown into a situation neither want, Teriana is forced to reveal the West, the Dark Shores. She is betraying her people in the process but she is doing to protect her crew who are her family. But the more these two enemies spend time together, they start seeing one another for who they are. Action, romance, and lots of twists and turns, Dark Shores keeps you on your toes. And not to mention some great characters. Can't wait to read the second book!

I received an ARC for an honest review.


No comments:

Post a Comment